A Few Pics from Gulches ORV Park

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went down to Gulches last year in November. Just now getting around to posting pics.:)

I had a lot of fun. I am definitely looking forward to going back.

The group...
You must be registered for see images attach

Some of the other Jeeps...

The beginning stages of clean-up...

Skids took a little bit of a beating...

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice pics. Looks like a lot of fun. Different jeeps too.

You took the skids off and they were all scratched up and full of mud. Looks familiar, haha. Reminds me that I need to get mine off and clean them up and repaint them.

Dave

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice pics. Looks like a lot of fun. Different jeeps too.

You took the skids off and they were all scratched up and full of mud. Looks familiar, haha. Reminds me that I need to get mine off and clean them up and repaint them.

Dave
Thanks. Come to think of it, I believe there were only two vehicles in the whole park that didn't wear a Jeep badge. One was an older Tacoma and the other was a Suzuki. They didn't get it running right though, so I never got to see it in action.

Yeah, they were scratched pretty well. Scuffed them up to remove the surface rust and hit them with a couple coats of flat black. Ready to do it again.

Nice trip,looked like fun.
It was a blast. The guide had me doing more things with my KJ than I thought it could do. I wish I had more pics of the harder obstacles, but we were all concentrating.lol

Last edited:

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a great place!

I like those types of obstacles, I just don't like dragging through brush and pinstripping my KJ.

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool pics. The last two are great. I have had my skid plates so full of mud sometimes I swear they weigh about 40lbs each.:D

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ballsy dude. I'm not sure i'm ready to do that with my KJ, yet.
All of the people I know have a hard time believing that I did it. I've always kept my cars in perfect condition and damage free. There were a few times that I just knew I was going to nail something.lol I never did though. My buddy in the Cherokee scraped a tree at ne poing there where we got in the thicker wodded area.

Looks like a great place!

I like those types of obstacles, I just don't like dragging through brush and pinstripping my KJ.
It was an awesome place. The owner was awesome and the helpers (that did it for free) were great also. The trails were laid out nicely and everything was marked. The trails ranged from intermediate to death. We obviously stayed on the intermediate trails and a couple of "medium" ones. Most of the trails we well cut, but we did go through a few places where the only way I fit through the trees was to pull my mirrors in.

It was awesome to watch the other Jeeps on the very hard trails. One "trail" was a rock climb that looked like a 90 degree angle straight up. One of their more famous trails. A Cherokee was about half way up when one of his steering links broke. They had to climb down and find another one. They fixed it right there on the hill.

Very cool pics. The last two are great. I have had my skid plates so full of mud sometimes I swear they weigh about 40lbs each.:D
Thanks. I didn't have anyone to help me remove the front skid, so I had to man up and hold it up with one arm while I loosened the last couple of bolts. It was easily 40 lbs if not more.