A couple of questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done my reading I would just like to confirm a couple of things. Im leaning towards an OME kit. If I just do the struts and springs and dont do the clevis lift or spacers yet, I should be ok without A-arms for now correct?

And when Im on the JBA site for front springs it lists MED and HD, for the rear it lists STD and MED. Is the MED spring (9248) the stiffer spring for the rear?

Thats it for now, thanks in advance!

RenKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't need jba arms until about 3.5", im at 2.75f 2.5r and going higher no jba arms

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have done my reading I would just like to confirm a couple of things. Im leaning towards an OME kit. If I just do the struts and springs and dont do the clevis lift or spacers yet, I should be ok without A-arms for now correct?

And when Im on the JBA site for front springs it lists MED and HD, for the rear it lists STD and MED. Is the MED spring (9248) the stiffer spring for the rear?

Thats it for now, thanks in advance!

Yes don't need the UCAs till you hit the 3-3.25 range, nice upgrade but not needed
927 fronts are the heavy dutys
for the rear there is only the std and medium which we all call HDs even though they are not so yes go with the 948s

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I needed corrected UCAs with the 2" Teraflex lift. Camber was terrible and out of range for the stock arms. YMMV.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Care to explain why you need that?
Guy who did my OME lift never talked about this.

Thats due to most not knowing what they are doing lifting a KJ
Replace the front bumpstops with tearflex ones from jeepinbyal
rear we use two hockey pucks per side bolted down to the lower spring perch for bumpstops . Those two per side work with most lifts
What it does is provide extra insurance that the shocks will not be bottomed out and blow the seals

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aren't you not supposed to use them until you're around the 3.25 inch mark? That was the answer I got when my alignment wasn't right with the arms. So I lifted more.

Mine is lifted to 22 inches (3 total).

Alignment is fine with the exception of caster as in most alignments for KJ once lifted.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.