A/c ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cpt Marvel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somebody put a a/c troubleshooting guide on here last year. I can't find it. Maybe early this year. It had instruction on how to read manifold Gage's and other stuff. Anybody know?

Cpt Marvel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, that looks like stuff I will use for sure. The one I'm looking for had stuff like if both gages read in a general range, it's good. If one is high and the other low, it's bad. Lol. Stuff like that. Thought I had bookmarked it. Can't find it thru search. Not on my phone anyway

Cpt Marvel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re looked at that. Wasn't the post that I was originally referring to, but that IS the information I am looking for! Thanks!

I changed the compressor, accumulator and low line. I didn't have a vac pump so I filled it to specs with the intent of getting it evacuateded, vacuumed and recharged this weekend. Driven 2 times a day, 30 minutes each time, will the compressor survive that? I know it will cause failure "in the future" if not vacuumed, but how far away is the "future"?

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re looked at that. Wasn't the post that I was originally referring to, but that IS the information I am looking for! Thanks!

I changed the compressor, accumulator and low line. I didn't have a vac pump so I filled it to specs with the intent of getting it evacuateded, vacuumed and recharged this weekend. Driven 2 times a day, 30 minutes each time, will the compressor survive that? I know it will cause failure "in the future" if not vacuumed, but how far away is the "future"?

yeah.... i don't know about that.
Not sure how you would check the system for a leak without using a vacuum pump. Maybe you pressurized the system w/ nitrogen?

fyi, autozone has vacuum pumps on their loan program.

Last edited:

Cpt Marvel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was a job I couldn't start on until 8 at night. Autozone loaned me the gage set, didn't mention the pump.

Latest posts

Members online