A/C compressor clutch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GranpaQB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on a trip and my compressor clutch seized. I got access to a few tools and I found an entire used compressor. I want to repair without loosing freon or risk damaging the bearing. if i take off the front housing (where the whole unit bolts on) which includes the clutch does it risk leaking freon? Or do I risk dissasembling just the clutch unit itself and cross my fingers that I don't damage bearing?

GranpaQB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on a trip and my compressor clutch seized. I got access to a few tools and I found an entire used compressor. I want to repair without loosing freon or risk damaging the bearing. if i take off the front housing (where the whole unit bolts on) which includes the clutch does it risk leaking freon? Or do I risk dissasembling just the clutch unit itself and cross my fingers that I don't damage bearing?

There's no way to dissassemble without risking bearing. Damn.

Kidketchup

Reaction score
If the clutch seized, the bearing is gone anyway. This means the compressor turn all the time, is it the case? The bearing is in the pulley, no big deal but you need a press to remove the bearing and install it preferably. If it is the only issue, you can do it in place without any risk of leaking freon.

Envoyé de mon SGH-I317M en utilisant Tapatalk