926 + spacer - OK to run w/o extended bumptops temporarily?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have EVERYTHING I need to get my lift on other than my Terraflex front bump stops. Ordered from JBA two weeks ago.

Anyway, I plan on running the OME267/17505 with a 3/8" spacer plate up front. Not sure on any conduit nuts, just depends on how the height and stance is with the rear. Conduits will just be used to get the right stance.

Think I'd be OK for onroad driving without the extended bumpstops, or would you recommend I don't even go for it at all until they are here?

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
I think you will be ok running it without bump stops till you get them in the mail. I and dozens run without bump stops(extended) and manage to get by. ;)

Now, if you were with some ******** wheelers on this site, maybe I would say no....but driving where you do every day, like me, you will be fine. Just try not to loose the front wheel into a 2 ft deep pothole. :D

desync0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya Detroit is king of pot holes lol

Before they re-did the 47B off ramp to the bridge, the pot holes would kick my semi out of gear!

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Easier than said in Metro-Detroit :D

Ya Detroit is king of pot holes lol

Before they re-did the 47B off ramp to the bridge, the pot holes would kick my semi out of gear!

Yeah I know all about pot holes....PEI is a sandstone base clay, which is very easily washed away, once the pave cracks.....boom massive pot hole.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, I can't type worth a damn anymore!

Yes, OME 926 Tony.

Fronts are all on - let's just hope the one shock is good. Rear is disassembled. Just need to install drop brackets for brake lines, drill holes for bump stops, and get the new springs/shocks in on the rear :)

I know the front will settle, but I am at 22" center of wheel to flare right now :D