4wheel drive hardware??????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Armysniper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What you guys know about this 2" lift?
They claim that the front springs rate is 420#
Also claim that the rear springs rate is 210#
When I talk to the tech guy he said that it will go all the way to 2.99" and they say only 2" to account for sag and how heavy is the liberty. Arb, bull bar, winch, after market rear bumper.
4wheeldrivehardware.com
If anybody knows anything about it I will like to hear your opinion. My boddy bought a 03 liberty yesterday cause he wants to go play in the fl swamps with me. I know money is a big issue for him (well me to but I can go to $1, 000) but I don't want him to make a big mistake and end up with a redo.

Thanks

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What you guys know about this 2" lift?
They claim that the front springs rate is 420#
Also claim that the rear springs rate is 210#
When I talk to the tech guy he said that it will go all the way to 2.99" and they say only 2" to account for sag and how heavy is the liberty. Arb, bull bar, winch, after market rear bumper.
4wheeldrivehardware.com
If anybody knows anything about it I will like to hear your opinion. My boddy bought a 03 liberty yesterday cause he wants to go play in the fl swamps with me. I know money is a big issue for him (well me to but I can go to $1, 000) but I don't want him to make a big mistake and end up with a redo.

Thanks

The link u posted send u to a search engine. I put the 2" lift in the search bar and it came up with the Rough Country set up. is this the one your referring to?
If so u will still need to get longer rear shocks and the shocks from my understanding are their own shocks and not that good.
im sure some will tell u more and if I am wrong. I would save and go to JBA for any Liberty lift
My 2cents

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The link u posted send u to a search engine. I put the 2" lift in the search bar and it came up with the Rough Country set up. is this the one your referring to?
If so u will still need to get longer rear shocks and the shocks from my understanding are their own shocks and not that good.
im sure some will tell u more and if I am wrong. I would save and go to JBA for any Liberty lift
My 2cents

Wulf is right - your buddy should save for a couple of months and do it right the first time. 4 Wheel Drive Hardware isn't too familiar with KJ lifts - they mostly do Wranglers. JBA, AllJ's are both VERY familiar with KJ's and make excellent products for the Liberty - and their customer service is excellent too.

I didn't buy my lift all in one shot; kinda bothered me to pay shipping on two different purchases but I had budgeted X amount of $'s per month for Jeep mods and that's what I had to do to buy the right products. I am SO THANKFUL I did - as a matter of fact I just put my JBA a-arms on yesterday, and that's over 18 months after I installed my lift.

Coach your buddy to a good decision - you can do it! :Big Laugh:

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
One of the lifts they sell is the BDS brand lift
Doesn't come with front shocks
DDoesn't come with good rear shocks
so you're buying 4 springs and then still buying shocks elsewhere
They know Wranglers
if you want to buy lifts for KJs/KKs talk to folks who actually make/sell and use their products on their own vehicles, they know what works and what doesn't and will treat you right
trying to save a nickle will most times cost ya dollars

Armysniper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the lifts they sell is the BDS brand lift
Doesn't come with front shocks
DDoesn't come with good rear shocks
so you're buying 4 springs and then still buying shocks elsewhere
They know Wranglers
if you want to buy lifts for KJs/KKs talk to folks who actually make/sell and use their products on their own vehicles, they know what works and what doesn't and will treat you right
trying to save a nickle will most times cost ya dollars

Thanks, I will tell him that he should save more $ like I told him. I'm doing mine in pieces I order ome front 948s and ome rear 927s springs. Know I need some help with shocks cause shocks warehouse is like 45 min away from me, and Frank told me get me some part numbers. I pay 337.99 fol all 4 springs. Is that about right?:happy107:
I'm going to try to push him to do it like me. Thanks guys your input is great . He just needs a few $100 and get it right from the beginning like Tom always say ome or bust LOL!!!!!!
Thanks again

Armysniper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wulf is right - your buddy should save for a couple of months and do it right the first time. 4 Wheel Drive Hardware isn't too familiar with KJ lifts - they mostly do Wranglers. JBA, AllJ's are both VERY familiar with KJ's and make excellent products for the Liberty - and their customer service is excellent too.

I didn't buy my lift all in one shot; kinda bothered me to pay shipping on two different purchases but I had budgeted X amount of $'s per month for Jeep mods and that's what I had to do to buy the right products. I am SO THANKFUL I did - as a matter of fact I just put my JBA a-arms on yesterday, and that's over 18 months after I installed my lift.

Coach your buddy to a good decision - you can do it! :Big Laugh:

Bob

Thanks for your input! !!!! I will let him know and read the posts!!!!!!!!:waytogo:

Members online