4wd problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepingirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know why when my jeep is at the shop and up on the lift it goes until 4h but once its on the ground it won't, I'm at a loss her...any ideas would be greatly appreciated.I wanna go play in the snow without having someone pulling me out!

Slims

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know why when my jeep is at the shop and up on the lift it goes until 4h but once its on the ground it won't, I'm at a loss her...any ideas would be greatly appreciated.I wanna go play in the snow without having someone pulling me out!

You need a new mechanic if that's all they checked.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Could be a number of things from bushing in the linkage / different size tires etc /If you are moving, sitting still/which transfer case......
maybe a little more information ??

jeepingirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be a number of things from bushing in the linkage / different size tires etc /If you are moving, sitting still/which transfer case......
maybe a little more information ??

All the tires are the same size..it is command trac. Grinds when trying to put it in 4h while moving. When on the lift 4h works fine not so much when its on the ground .mechanic put it in the garage over night worked fine when he took it out the next morning. He said the differential was doing what is was suppose to so hopefully that isn't the problem...I'm really really hoping its not going to cost me an arm and a leg. Any info would be greatly appreciated

jeepingirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeep is at the garage the mechanic said they had to replace the axle and something to do with the drive shaft. He was totally stumped to why it would only work on the lift so after he tore it apart he found the problem . Of course the one part can you can only get at jeep. But any ways about 650.00. Yes I'm happy with that I was really expecting it to be much worse.....Let it snow!!!!!

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeep is at the garage the mechanic said they had to replace the axle and something to do with the drive shaft. He was totally stumped to why it would only work on the lift so after he tore it apart he found the problem . Of course the one part can you can only get at jeep. But any ways about 650.00. Yes I'm happy with that I was really expecting it to be much worse.....Let it snow!!!!!

With it being on the lift there was probably no resistance making it easier to engage into 4HI, Glad they found the issue with it, Now go get it dirty!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online