45rfe rough shift help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No codes and she died out on me. Few blocks from my house came to a stop light rpms dropped and she turned off. Put in park shut off my lights (only thing i had on) and started her back up. Could this be related. Maybe not enough oxygent getting in there.

ouroboros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No trans leaks as of lately? Being low on fluid could be a cause of the hard shifting. I seen you dropped the trans pan and filter before. Check out the trans lines.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Earlier you mentioned when the trans shifts it feels like it stalls for a second. Is the "it" that's stalling in reference to the trans or engine?
Given the engine now killing, it's possible the issue is with the engine and not the trans. Hard to say without being there tho.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No trans leaks as of lately? Being low on fluid could be a cause of the hard shifting. I seen you dropped the trans pan and filter before. Check out the trans lines.

I actually had the level a little high so i took a little out now its perfect at the hot marker. After driving and putting it in neutral on level ground.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Earlier you mentioned when the trans shifts it feels like it stalls for a second. Is the "it" that's stalling in reference to the trans or engine?
Given the engine now killing, it's possible the issue is with the engine and not the trans. Hard to say without being there tho.

Its really hard to describe. Best i can say is its like a slow shift on a manual. The g force changes for a second . Its a delayed hard shift. Shifts better woth higher rpm and speed. Before i would get it to shift right around 20mph at or under 2000rpms. If i do that now it shift really hard and you hear it click. So i push ot to 25mph and 2500rpms and it just does as i describe as a slow manual shift. But with it dying out on me got me thing what if it is something with the engine. I would only guess that it would effect all gears at all rpms. Not just one shift.