+40mm HR springs, what else

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FinKJ

Reaction score
On so most likely this has answered thousand times already but still going to post this.

My 02 2.4 KJ has original springs and shocks and they offer quite soft ride. I olan to refresh them and already purchased HR springs tuhat claim to offer 40mm / 1.5 In lift.

Now, i do need shocks and after reading some posts herra it seems that stock are not compatible with even this mild lift, on rear at least.

So what shocks are an option and EU availability IS a big plus.

Any other things i need to be aware once I take the Jeep to a mechanic with the springs and shocks.

Tires are 235/70/16 with 7 1/2 wide wheels, ET 35

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Stock shocks will work, just will limit flex in rear some
7.5 inch wheels ?????
Never seen them , stock are 5 inch backspaced with 7 inches wide

check lower ball joints, if bad replace with Moog greaseable ones
check upper control arms as well

FinKJ

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. And Im also first time seeing such wheel width, they came with The Jeep. MAK seems to have manufactured such

FinKJ

Reaction score
And good point on checking the parts for wear. I would want to do as much proactive maintenance at this point since this Jeep usually is in random use at a remote location

FinKJ

Reaction score
Ok so this is confusing. I got a call from mechanic working to install the HR kit. He said the rear springs are +40mm/1.5 inch but front ones are same length as stock. I thought this would be all around 40mm lift.

Does HR even sell such mad max style spring sets that only lift rear? I'm thinking that can there be an issue with the kit I was sent?

SamAir77

Reaction score
hello. Im on hr springs with Bilstein b6 shocks. 4.5 all around. try th new shocks

FinKJ

Reaction score
This actually came out really good with just the springs. The Jeep is nicely lifted and leveled. You see pics in insta fin_jeep_kj

The springs that my Libby had were progressive and out of their service life.

SamAir77

Reaction score
This actually came out really good with just the springs. The Jeep is nicely lifted and leveled. You see pics in insta fin_jeep_kj

The springs that my Libby had were progressive and out of their service life.
what size of tire you have ? thanks

Latest posts

Members online