4 pin flat trailer wire connector????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Hey guys/gals,

I just installed a rear trailer hitch, and was wondering what is the best 4 pin wire connector for the trailer lights? Do you need the Mopar wiring kit? I had heard that the Mopar works best with the "multiplex" light system on the KJ.

What did any of you use for the lights?

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I was originally going to use the Chrysler branded package product. They wanted $157.99 for it.
Went to a store called Lordco (A B.C. version of lets say Auto Zone) and they had the exact same product in a different named package for $39.00!
Same unit!

Last edited:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the units that plug into the harness behind the paneling in the cargo area. Some people get the cheap ones that slice into the tail lights but Im not a fan of those.

Etrailer has some good harnesses.

rdonn

Reaction score
Since the Libby has amber turn signals, the wiring requires a tail light converter.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since the Libby has amber turn signals, the wiring requires a tail light converter.

huh?

I doubt I will ever tow anything that needs the 7 pin. I will get the Flat 4 when I get a hitch. The KJ isn't a tow rig. It's more of a I can tow a bit if needed rig.

Haha, thats true. But, I never thought I would to anything that needed the 7pin harness and now I do it fairly often. Trailer brakes really help out for something that already has a hard time stopping.

BMR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wired up mine with this kit from etrailer... Plugs right in and works great...

Wiring Kit

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online