30a Intermediate shaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I called Eric and his book only list up to 2004. Are not all 30a the same and use the same intermediate shaft. I know the Mopar Jeep Liberty intermedate shaft part# is 05066057AB and the seal part# is 05066066AA it also list an o-ring and its part #is 05066067AA.
We called Dyna and thay were no help.
Also my PC at work will not pull up mopars liberty site today @#$%^&*^%
I know it schould work but I am the type of person that has to know its the same part
So any help from someone who knows and not just thinks it will would be helpful

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I looked up with Morris 4x4 and thay list 2002 to 2007 are all the same Part#
Any one concour who knows

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
make sure you order the rubber seal and metal bearing kit. mopar will send out plastic seals and bearings if you dont specify.... i believe they are the same part number as well (which makes no sense)

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks guys ordered the Dana with Eric (Great guy to deal with) he has two left.
Big Blue thanks for the tip I stop by to get them on the way home from work and will check it out.

mntnbkr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks guys ordered the Dana with Eric (Great guy to deal with) he has two left.
Big Blue thanks for the tip I stop by to get them on the way home from work and will check it out.

If he had two left yesterday, he's only got one today! ;)

I stumbled on to this site last night in my search for an intermediate shaft for my wifes '02 Liberty. There was no way I was going to pay $244 at the dealer. I found a post recommending Eric as a good source for the shaft, so I found him in the vendor section, called him up this morning, and got one on the way. Thanks KJ Country! :cool:

I wish I could have found a source like that for the lower control arm cam bolts when I had to sawzall through 3 of the 4 to remove the axle. $45 for the bolt, $9 for the washer, & $4 for the nut at the dealership. :mad:

Anyway, I guess this serves as my intro post too, as it's my first one on this board.

Adam

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score

I stumbled on to this site last night in my search for an intermediate shaft for my wifes '02 Liberty. There was no way I was going to pay $244 at the dealer. I found a post recommending Eric as a good source for the shaft, so I found him in the vendor section, called him up this morning, and got one on the way. Thanks KJ Country! :cool:

I wish I could have found a source like that for the lower control arm cam bolts when I had to sawzall through 3 of the 4 to remove the axle. $45 for the bolt, $9 for the washer, & $4 for the nut at the dealership. :mad:

Anyway, I guess this serves as my intro post too, as it's my first one on this board.

Adam

Welcome,hope we can be of help in the future.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score

Adam

Just an FYI, the '05-7 cam bolts are cheaper.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score

Adam

(welcome)

And, I just bought a new intermediate shaft from Eric last week as well. Installed it last night. Works perfectly. :)

mntnbkr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aright! I ordered the shaft Wednesday at about 9AM and it showed up at my door last night (Friday) at about 4:30 PM. Excellent service Eric!

I had it back in the truck and on the road by about 6:00, and it works great! No more awful grinding noise.:D

My wife is excited to have her Jeep back. It's been down for about 3 weeks. It got all new rear brakes, new (salvage) front axle assembly, new drivers side wheel bearing, new oil pan and gasket, new intermediate shaft, new CV shaft, new lower control arms, and new lower ball joints. All I have left to do is take it in for an alignment. I'm also going to go back through and make sure all the fasteners are torqued properly after driving it for a couple of day too.

It could have been done MUCH faster but I threw out my back trying to get the lower control arm bolts loose (banghead). The doc put me on a pain killer and a muscle relaxer, so the jeep had to sit for a while.

Anyway, we're back in action, and I'm happy!

Later,
Adam

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aright! I ordered the shaft Wednesday at about 9AM and it showed up at my door last night (Friday) at about 4:30 PM. Excellent service Eric!

I had it back in the truck and on the road by about 6:00, and it works great! No more awful grinding noise.:D

My wife is excited to have her Jeep back. It's been down for about 3 weeks. It got all new rear brakes, new (salvage) front axle assembly, new drivers side wheel bearing, new oil pan and gasket, new intermediate shaft, new CV shaft, new lower control arms, and new lower ball joints. All I have left to do is take it in for an alignment. I'm also going to go back through and make sure all the fasteners are torqued properly after driving it for a couple of day too.

It could have been done MUCH faster but I threw out my back trying to get the lower control arm bolts loose (banghead). The doc put me on a pain killer and a muscle relaxer, so the jeep had to sit for a while.

Anyway, we're back in action, and I'm happy!

Later,
Adam

Good gosh, what happened that you had to replace so much?

mntnbkr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good gosh, what happened that you had to replace so much?

The problem started with the CV / intermediate shaft spline destruction when my wife pulled the 4X4 lever while the back tires were spinning on wet grass and the front tires weren't moving at all. While I was under there, I noticed oil on the oil pan. The pan had a pinhole leak from rust (I changed her trans pan last year for the same problem) so I had to drop the axle. I ended up with new lower control arms because most of the bushings were destroyed while cutting off the cam bolts that were seized. New ball joints because, well, why not. The drivers side wheel bearing had been needing replacement for a few months, and I already had the part so that was a no-brainer. I decided to put a lower mileage front axle assembly in because the spider gears were starting to show some pretty good wear on the original one.

...and that's how it all came to be. I just dropped it off for an alignment, so the whole ordeal is almost over! :)

Adam

Last edited:

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plastic bushing for intermediate shaft shot on mine (klunk klunk)so Iam doing it all. Darn oil seal would not come off puller pulled the rubber and the center of the seal out and not the side of the ring.
Of all I have done why does this only happen on my Jeep #$*&^%$#

autoboy454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its just the beauty of the beast Porkchop. Welcome to Jeep-dom lol