30000 miles, a good start for my journal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
~43500 Miles
November 30th, 2007

Dropped the jeep at the dealership hoping to get the radiator and the heat fixed, they said the leak cannot be fixed, and the radiator must be replaced. 3 Days and $750 later, I have my Jeep back from the dealer.

~43500 Miles
December 6th, 2007

Battery failed me again. I had to pay another $20 to the booster guy, because I couldn't get my booster to work.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
01/01/2008 - Tuesday
44444 Miles

You must be registered for see images

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
dude! something is wrong with ur KJ!!! both ur check engine and your oil lights are on!!!!

SHOCKED.gif

hehehehhe

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are those Michelin Radius wipers? The CEL and oil pressure lights are on, because his Jeep is running, unless I'm wrong then you really have a big problem. :)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it is not running actually, just at the ACC position, notice RPM at 0. :)
Those wipers are pretty good, much better than I expected. That reminds me, I am still waiting for that $10 rebate from Michelin.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
GeekyJeep, now because of you check engine light is back on, and I got P441 again. That damn number keeps coming back. I just blame cheap gas and move on.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
~45500

Just added a half bottle ATF+4 when I noticed my power steering fluid low. I spilled all over the place when bottle tipped over, so I had to wash my engine bay.

For the first time, I let it rip. I turned on and hosed the engine down with low pressure, not everywhere, but %75 of the area. Smoke started coming out from somewhere I couldn't spot. I waited for a few minutes and started it up while the hood was open. It was like spitting all over the place! :D It is somewhat clean now.

Last edited:

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
~45500

Just added a half bottle ATF+4 when I noticed my power steering fluid low. I spilled all over the place when bottle tipped over, so I had to wash my engine bay.

For the first time, I let it rip. I turned on and hosed the engine down with low pressure, not everywhere, but %75 of the area. Smoke started coming out from somewhere I couldn't spot. I wanted for a few minutes and started it up while the hood was open. It was like spitting all over the place! :D It is somewhat clean now.

Was the engine hot?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, but warm. Had been sitting for 3 hours, I was surprised at the steam.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably normal steam from the headers.

So now you know why your Power-Steering had been making so many noises! You need to check stuff like that more often.

Mine was alittle low once but its been fine since. That was last winter when I had to top it off so its been over a year and its not dropped any. I found some oil in the starter area so I guess thats what that was.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, drove this morning in cold, and no noise! It is so much smoother, I have no idea what I was waiting for! I tried to suck it out of there with turkey baster but no luck, there wasn't much left to suck. Although when I filled it, it is not just tad bit over the top line, I hope it is no big deal.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
45897 MILES

SOLD the Roof Basket
Got lower ball joints replaced the second time under warranty
Got T-Case Fluid Drain/Replace
Got Front and Rear Differential Serviced
Greased the swaybar bushings (no noise today)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score

Drove slow, did not go over (tried not to) 2k rpm.
It is FFFFFIN' BOOOORING, but I went up to 16.1 from 14mpg. (After the two tanks, not just for a while).

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mixed. NY highway is really no highway, it is slow, but as I said, I floor my jeep at least once every day, I hadn't done it for a while at that time..
Currently it is 15.1 to 15.5.
After flowmaster it went up from 14 to 15

ADD:
50,000 Miles
Fan #1 Stopped blowing cold.
I got some sticky sh*t on the front fender, gotta get goo gone and wipe it off.

Latest posts

Members online