30,000 miles ,what important maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what kind of maintenance i should be doing at or around this mileage to the axles and transmission ect .(2.8 crd ,no towing ) Can you tell me the correct grades of oil and amounts plus gasket numbers if needed.And are there any parts that need greasing up ect.Many thanks as 4 wheel drive ownership appears to be a minefield of information.Plus i dont want my local stealership to pull my pants down and charge me the earth for stuff not needed.

Last edited:

azmotoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most vehicles fall into the schedule "B" for Diesel Engines (page 380-381 in your owner's manual) The scheduled interval you refer to specifies:
31,250 mi.- CHANGE oil & filter, CHECK boost pressure solenoid filter/replace as necessary, INSPECT engine air filter element. That is all.

Obviously, there are things that move and aren't a scheduled maintenance item. EXAMPLE: hinges, latches, locks, lugs, etc

Use your best judgement. I would have a look at the brake pads, tires, ALL fluid levels and overall condition based on how the vehicle is used and whether my life depended on it or would someone else be driving it.

Actually, I maintain my vehicles AS NEW. You never know when someone might steal it, wreck and get an award based on your lack of proper maintenance! (litigious society that we are)

I don't worry too much about that-REALLY. Mr.308 has a surprise for them.

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply .Have you got any pics of the boost solenoid filter to help me locate it?. I recently changed pads and air filter and im gonna change diesel filter ,oil and filter at the weekend. I also cleaned up the map sensor as a few of you guys suggested. Can the egr valve be cleaned or only replaced when it fails. Unfortunatley Mr 308's arent legal in the uk so we have to compromise with mr baseball bat and mr machete in order to keep low lifes from stealing our hard earned items.

azmotoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HA, HA, HA!!! Glad you saw the humor in that post. I don't have pics as I have not dealt with this task yet. I JUST read about it in the manual yesterday while awaiting my wife's recovery from surgery. Figured it would be a good time to have a look at what I need to do in the coming months. Good luck. Maybe you could post any of your findings in future threads.(?) It might be a help to us all.

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do some more searching and get prepared for my maintenance tasks.Hope your wife has a speedy recovery.Regards jimmy.