30,000 Mile Service?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshy0077

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

I just had a quick question about 30,000 mile service...my KJ currently has about 35k on it, and I do need to do a 30,000 mile servicing, however, I was wondering how feasible it is to do this on my own as opposed to paying my local jeep dealership $600 to do it. I am not quite sure what all the 30k service work includes, so if there is any possibility of getting this list and how to do some of the more difficult tasks, I would be in great appreciation.

Thanks!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would change front+rear diff fluid, tcase fluid, ****** fluid, serp belt, spark plugs, and engine oil if it needed it. I would try my best to buy the oil somewhere other than the dealer, Ive heard valvoline sells atf+4 now. The dealers charge way to much for oil.

Please have all of it recycled, its so stupid to pour oil in a ditch or something like that.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chilton's has a Jeep Liberty car care/ repair manual that is pretty good for the basics. Amazon has it for $17. Yeah, learn to do it yourself and save the cash. =D>

JJsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree on doing the work yourself. Now would also be a great time to switch to full synthetic lubes for your whole vehicle. The extended service intervals offered by switching to Synthetic would save you money and time. (Cheers)