3 problems- '05 Renegade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beinroc

Reaction score
First, my '05 Liberty renegade seems to have a mind of its own. It keeps trying to lock the doors even when they are locked. Could this be frequency interference from another vehicle close by? Has anyone had this same experience? If so, any suggestions where to start looking to fix the problem?
Second, blower motor only working on 4. Fan does not kick on in 1, 2, or 3 position. Any thoughts on the issue?
Third, power mirrors are not working. None of the fuses, according to the manual, are labeled power mirrors. Thoughts?
Oh yeah, I have checked all the fuses and they are all ok. Both in the cabin and under the hood.
Members here are great and have helped me in the past. Figured I would try again before going to the shop.
Thanks.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Keeps trying to lock the doors even though they are locked? Is this right after takeoff (and opening a door, then locking afterwards), right at 15MPH? That is normal. Or is it locking the doors at random intervals?

Blower Motor.... replace the Blower Motor Resistor, behind the glovebox.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First, my '05 Liberty renegade seems to have a mind of its own. It keeps trying to lock the doors even when they are locked. Could this be frequency interference from another vehicle close by? Has anyone had this same experience? If so, any suggestions where to start looking to fix the problem?

There was a recall a few years ago over a software issue where the lock servos would keep operating and eventually burn out all the door locks.

Wrong year, but FWIW:
Item Affected: LATCHES/LOCKS/LINKAGES:DOORS:LATCH
Date Announced: 3/10/2004

Description of Recall:
ON SOME SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, CERTAIN REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY (RKE) INPUT MAY CAUSE THE BODY CONTROL MODULE (BCM) SOFTWARE TO ACTUATE THE DOOR LOCK MOTORS CONTINUOUSLY.

Action Needed To Fix It:
DEALERS WILL INSPECT AND REPLACE, AS NECESSARY, THE DOOR LATCH ASSEMBLIES AND THE BCM SOFTWARE WILL BE UPDATED. OWNER NOTIFICATION BEGAN ON MAY 10, 2004. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT DAIMLERCHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.

Second, blower motor only working on 4. Fan does not kick on in 1, 2, or 3 position. Any thoughts on the issue?

Blower motor resistor block I believe. Threads on this. Search for that.

Third, power mirrors are not working. None of the fuses, according to the manual, are labeled power mirrors. Thoughts?

Relay? I'd have to check my manual but it seems that there'd have to be a fuse or a relay associated with this.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The blower motor resistor is a $15 dollar part at your local parts store. Take 15 minutes to replace. I replaced one last year. Like said before. It's located behind the glove box and held in by two screws.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the power mirrors is the switch itself i had the same problem and it turned out the switch had shorted out and burnt out one of the fuses but only partially, i frgot which fuse number it was but if memory serves its in the bottom right quadrant of the fuse panel, take a tester to it and find whichever fuse turns on the tester light dimmer than the others, the switch was like 50 bucks i think

beinroc

Reaction score
Keeps trying to lock the doors even though they are locked? Is this right after takeoff (and opening a door, then locking afterwards), right at 15MPH? That is normal. Or is it locking the doors at random intervals?

It tries to lock the doors when the jeep is turned off and parked. I just came back in from outside and it is still happening. About every 30 seconds...maybe even quicker than that.

beinroc

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I am definitely going to replace the blower motor resistor. Hopefully solves the problem. Calling the dealer tomorrow to ask about recall on the door locks. The description of the recall that was posted is exactly what is happening. Mirrors are least priority but might just replace the switch if it's reasonable. Thanks again for the info. Greatly appreciated!!

Members online

No members online now.