3.7 > crd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you know its funny , Back when i first started driving in Ohio ! When they started the whole echeck thing there was a way to cheat it and i did it once with a detached muffler Lol used to go on Friday right before they where closing and there carbon tanks where so full it was in accurate ! And car`s just passed , I knew 100% that mine would not . It didnt even have a gas cap . But it passed ! lol

Yes exactly!!
So many people have ways around it, it is a joke...
I know plenty who actually swap out the exhaust just for the test, or if you make your door VIN unscanable or reset your battery right before the test then the comp won't read correctly (not sure why but when having a CEL people do this) then they have to do the manual test which bypass the comp and make it easier to pass when actually having a issue.

mikey1273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you know its funny , Back when i first started driving in Ohio ! When they started the whole echeck thing there was a way to cheat it and i did it once with a detached muffler Lol used to go on Friday right before they where closing and there carbon tanks where so full it was in accurate ! And car`s just passed , I knew 100% that mine would not . It didnt even have a gas cap . But it passed ! lol

yeah here its easy to cheat the test too but for gassers. ours they hook up to the cars computer and run diagnostic tests or something and check your gas cap and that all the emmissions stuff is still on and working. If you fail you have to spend so much to repair it to get a waiver. if you come in with a CEL they fail you from the start. one could get a phoney recipt for work to pass.

Since I have a Diesel I don't have to pass that yearly test. I just have to go in for the safety inspection. they check brakes tires and lights and suspension. plus some other stuff. I save $30 ever year for not needing to pay for the emmissions test.

jeepchic79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes exactly!!
So many people have ways around it, it is a joke...
I know plenty who actually swap out the exhaust just for the test, or if you make your door VIN unscanable or reset your battery right before the test then the comp won't read correctly (not sure why but when having a CEL people do this) then they have to do the manual test which bypass the comp and make it easier to pass when actually having a issue.

Yeah the girls are usually to lazy and the part of Ohio i had to get mine done in they where all young and partyers so that helped alot of us young kids get our tags ! The things we did when we where younger ! LOl

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah i have heard about emissions checks in some states... Pull the battery cable a block from the test station so you roll in with no codes, and the reason why it messes up the test is the computer doesn't have complete o2 sensor data yet since you just reset it. Some places will turn you away and make you come back later because of it, some just dont care and move you through the checks.

My scan tool will show the o2 map is incomplete, or whatever it says, after a computer reset. Have to drive it through a few open/closed cycles to get it to report the o2 sensor functionality again. Same thing happens at a test station.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
**** YOU...

Nothing wrong with the PT Cruiser. We have a 2002 5 Spd, best car the wife has ever owned. Low maintenance, no problems, zero trouble. And we bought it used.

I don't get why people don't like the PT? You give me another car that gets 25+ MPG and can haul three kids and groceries and i will take it, till then whatever.

I am not sure.

I love the PT Cruiser. Took me a while, didn't really like it until I rented one while my Dodge was in the shop, and dang that's one versatile little vehicle!

Reaction score
the pt loser is a ****.
i had a turbo when my kj was broken and it was a T U R D.
it doesnt drive completely like a car. its gay looking on the outside. the mileage wasnt that great. and it hasnt been changed much at all since they came out.
T U R D

auburn4193

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd still take a 2.4 KJ over a car any day.

How much you offering? haha

My mother had four Liberty's when I was younger, I'm 17 now. Our first was an '02, then an '04, and then a '05, and last was an 08 KK. The company she worked for had them on a three year lease. The '04 was our personal jeep. They were all 4x2 3.7 Automatics. I liked our '05 the best out of all of them. I hated the KK, it had horrible interior quality and was just a waste of engineering to me. I have always loved the KJ body style. I have an '03 and I like the 2.4 for being cheaper on gas but still having a Jeep. The only thing I'm sweating is the timing belt needing to be changed at 90k, I'm at 79k now. The 5 speed ****** isn't the smoothest but it's really not bad once you get used to it. After I bought it I wished I would have at least looked for a good deal on a CRD but then again I have heard and read about all the problems people have with them.

mikey1273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the pt loser is a ****.
it doesnt drive completely like a car. its gay looking on the outside. the mileage wasnt that great. and it hasnt been changed much at all since they came out.
T U R D

Well that PT Cruser is supposed to be a retro looking designed car.... Why would they change it much if its supposed to look like something older?

Please describe for me how a car can look gay? Does it go out on Friday nights dressed in drag with a rainbow feather boa? Or does the car swish down the freeway lisping and dragging it's S's?

Gay is a word you young kids call everything becasue you don't have a very large vocabulary of adjetives.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
**** YOU...

Nothing wrong with the PT Cruiser. We have a 2002 5 Spd, best car the wife has ever owned. Low maintenance, no problems, zero trouble. And we bought it used.

I don't get why people don't like the PT? You give me another car that gets 25+ MPG and can haul three kids and groceries and i will take it, till then whatever.
There a joke to work on,cost's a arm and a leg for labor for anything due to how crammed and un-accessable everthing is under the hood.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
**** YOU...

KJ CRD? rollinglaugh.gif

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the US the 3.7 is better than the CRD.

But I thought outside the US they were using a different CRD engine?

Dave

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure.

I love the PT Cruiser. Took me a while, didn't really like it until I rented one while my Dodge was in the shop, and dang that's one versatile little vehicle!

Very versatile, first car i have seen with removable rear seats! Can hold as much cargo inside as my Jeep!

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the pt loser is a ****.
T U R D

Obviously you had a Auto... The Manual is a lot more peppy then the auto is. And its NOT supposed to drive like a car you idiot, its not a car. Its kinda like the HHR, more of a small crossover or hatchback affair.

The outside resembles the old style cars, so if you don't like that look then screw off and move on.

The mileage wasn't that great?? Well i know the turbo gets a little less on the MPG side, but its not that bad. The problem is people RENT a PT and then complain about it because its been beat on by every person before you. You can never judge a model by a rental. A friend of mine told me if he would have judged the KJ by the rental he had he would have never bought one. Cause it had been beat on and wasn't running right, etc.

Your the ****, using a socially unacceptable term. Look up "gay" in the dictionary it means happy. So yes, the PT Cruiser is a HAPPY looking car. :D

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There a joke to work on,cost's a arm and a leg for labor for anything due to how crammed and un-accessable everthing is under the hood.

Hmm... So what your saying is you like it cause you can charge people $1500 for a small repair right? We all know your an overpriced wrench turner so whatever..

Also considering how little repair they need its not a worry. We haven't had to do jack to ours and its nearly at 120k.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The mileage wasn't that great?? Well i know the turbo gets a little less on the MPG side, but its not that bad. The problem is people RENT a PT and then complain about it because its been beat on by every person before you. You can never judge a model by a rental. A friend of mine told me if he would have judged the KJ by the rental he had he would have never bought one. Cause it had been beat on and wasn't running right, etc.
:D

Haha I have had so many people tell me there opinion on a car because they rented one for a day.
Thats a joke..

Reaction score
Obviously you had a Auto... The Manual is a lot more peppy then the auto is. And its NOT supposed to drive like a car you idiot, its not a car. Its kinda like the HHR, more of a small crossover or hatchback affair.

The outside resembles the old style cars, so if you don't like that look then screw off and move on.

Your the ****, using a socially unacceptable term. Look up "gay" in the dictionary it means happy. So yes, the PT Cruiser is a HAPPY looking car. :D

you cant compare it to an HHR because it came out BEFORE the HHR.
is it truck based? no. does it have a truck engine? no. 4wd? no.
there for it should drive somewhat like a car. i had one with like 5k miles on it. it was a 2009.
gay is a socially acceptable term. *** is the one they dont like. the PT cruiser should be the pride of the rainbow fleet. next to the toyota carolla.

Reaction score
Haha I have had so many people tell me there opinion on a car because they rented one for a day.
Thats a joke..

i had it for a week and a half and put a few hundred miles on it, with and with out passengers, and in a few different weather conditions

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had it for a week and a half and put a few hundred miles on it, with and with out passengers, and in a few different weather conditions

I'm sorry that was not aimed at you, just in general.
Most of people I hear from had the car for a day or two, and with 50k hard beat on miles while two years old, and you know minimal maintenance was ever done on it.

Reaction score
Well that PT Cruser is supposed to be a retro looking designed car.... Why would they change it much if its supposed to look like something older?

Please describe for me how a car can look gay? Does it go out on Friday nights dressed in drag with a rainbow feather boa? Or does the car swish down the freeway lisping and dragging it's S's?

Gay is a word you young kids call everything becasue you don't have a very large vocabulary of adjetives.

no the pronto crusier was desinged to look retro and the PT Turdburglar came out of it. it was cool at first. then 10 years later, when NOTHING had changed...
face it, its underpowered, out of date interior, crap.
because thats what chrysler seems to be putting out these days. they might as well give up on trying to make cars and only make trucks jeeps and dodge chargers/300s.

and gay as in "any man who drives this must be wearing ass-less chaps and a mesh shirt".
i have a large vocabulary. but that is the best describing word for that melted down town and country.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm sorry that was not aimed at you, just in general.
Most of people I hear from had the car for a day or two, and with 50k hard beat on miles while two years old, and you know minimal maintenance was ever done on it.

yea i know. i did get a chance to drive an avenger r/t recently. it was a 2010 with almost 200k miles on it.
pedal to the floor my jeep was faster 0-60. so i know it was abused

Status
Not open for further replies.