2wd Picture Request

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Midgear

Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better except to test out the 4wd I have yet to locked in my front hubs on my KJ,been rocking the snow/ice here in 2wd only.Sad thing is with how heavy my KJ is it is sticking to the road very nicely,that's with running 13.50" wide aggressive MT's on it also.I have engaged the rear ARB a few times to do some drifting action just for fun:D.

I hate you eek2.gif -- in a very non hostile kind of way

loves_off_roading

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I have no pics but hey it's awesome to see another 2wd owner! Ignore all the 4x4 crap some of these guys give you. You don't really need it especially since yours is an 06 and has Traction Control and ESP like mine. My 2wd Liberty made it through 6 inches of snow the other week. I have also been off roading through wet fields many times and haven't gotten stuck.

May I recommend you get really good all terrain tires. You don't really need to get a locker because the traction control already acts as a mild locker.

A 2wd Liberty will take you most places but know your limits.

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better except to test out the 4wd I have yet to locked in my front hubs on my KJ,been rocking the snow/ice here in 2wd only.Sad thing is with how heavy my KJ is it is sticking to the road very nicely,that's with running 13.50" wide aggressive MT's on it also.I have engaged the rear ARB a few times to do some drifting action just for fun:D.

All you have to do to have 2 wheel drive is lock up the ARB....haha.:D

Dave

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2 Libertys a 4x4 and a 2x4
Why 2x4 20,000 miles for $7000.00
2x4 is set up Baja style w/31s cant get pic right now kid has it at work she loves it, its light and fast and flys through the snow in Mi

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
Damn Skippy!

OTR the whole way!

ha all yall pick on the 2wd kids...lol..naw i dont care i wish she was 4wd but when i get back to work im going to be look for one tho. and whats OTR mean..lol

KJcleveland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got a 2WD, 05 so no ESP or crap like that. Havent gotten stuck once and there has been a LOT of snow up here in Cleveland this year. (man tires help a lot!) When we had a temporary warm streak last month i took it out in this abandoned field and got it lookin pretty good, but i didnt take any pictures. Once spring rolls around im gonna have my fun. But im really considering a locker....

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
none of them are on a trail but here ya go

Attachments

• 100_1003.jpg
    100_1003.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 021700_1225[00].jpg
    021700_1225[00].jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 100_1008.jpg
    100_1008.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 10
  • lift2.jpg
    lift2.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 12

Dave08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2wd Liberty made it through 6 inches of snow the other week.

With a 4wd, you can play in 18 inches... Just saying. Put it in 2wd and you're done right away.

Heck driving to school from the dorms in 2wd up an icy hill the rear end is swaying all of the place.

KJcleveland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it helps to have a stick shift. I dont want my jeep, or anything else for that matter, telling me when to shift.

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will get some pics next time I go to hollister. When we went on saturday there was some mud, but 90% dry so unless it rains a good amount in the next 2 weeks I won't be holding my breath for good pics.

The beauty of 4wd is going through in 2wd and throwing it in 4 when I get stuck :) (which surprisngly takes quite a bit to do with the goodyear mtrs)

theholybull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive been running almost all winter in 2 wheel with damn near bald 255 70 wranglers, now that i have the 31 bfg at kos on there i only have to lock her in if i stop at the edge of my driveway (its a steep hill) it amazes me what my kj will do with the bfgs in 2 by compared to my wife's kk in 4. 2wd is fine for damn near every one, its just not as much fun when it gets real bad.