2wd = Bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wycowboy

Reaction score
It's true 4wd is a crutch for a lot of non-drivers. I ran 2wd only for a long time and still use it most of the time even though 4x4 is available to me. About the only time I move my transfer case lever is in deep (over 8-10 inches) snow or on ice. I use it more while I am hunting than I do on paved roads.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use mine for any excuse I find, not out of necessity, just to keep it active and healthy.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's true 4wd is a crutch for a lot of non-drivers. I ran 2wd only for a long time and still use it most of the time even though 4x4 is available to me. About the only time I move my transfer case lever is in deep (over 8-10 inches) snow or on ice. I use it more while I am hunting than I do on paved roads.

Which is what the 4WD is supposed to be for Off Roading, that's really my only personal gripe owning the WK2 with QT II that it's automatic and pretty much 4WD all the time. I would rather have a straight 2WD mode because the only real time I technically need 4WD is if I have to climb the driveway at the house in deep snow if necessary. Otherwise I wouldn't touch it, and I only got the KJ stuck once because I backed right over an ice bank on the drive way and hung the rear axle up.