265/70/16 A/T Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
****EDITED: NEW PICS 4/3/2006*****
Also, I had my tires SIP'ed.."as the tread rolls forward the tread blocks tend to squirm back and forth the small cuts in each tread block are sipes. They create another biting surface when the tread squirms and assist in the evacuation of water. To prevent side to side squirm, Michelin engineered the sipping into a wavy interlocking pattern, decreasing heat build-up and lateral stability." It's suppose to gain about 5-7% increase in traction. I havn't had a problem during rainy days.

Jeep_newtires2.jpg

Jeep_newtires3.jpg

Jeep_newtires4.jpg

JUST MADE IT PAST THE TIRE
Jeep_newtires5.jpg

As posted in the Tire/Wheels Forum I recently got a new set of tires. I got a good 1" of lift from it (30.7 compared to 29.6). The pictures were taken with my camera phone, sorry about the quality.

Pathfinder_1.jpg

Pathfinder_2.jpg

Pathfinder_3.jpg

priell3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good, Phil. Next time I need tires, I'm getting larger than 245/70.
What brand did you get?

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up some Pathfinder Destination A/T's (they're a side brand of Goodyear). I'll be posting updates after some mileage is put on them. I've seen some good reviews, and also had experience with them (friend had them on his previous jeep).

So far so good, slight rubbing up in the front at full lock backing up, but that is it. I'm going to *maybe* do some trimming, or a slight Clevis lift will help.

priell3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
blckkj said:
I picked up some Pathfinder Destination A/T's (they're a side brand of Goodyear). I'll be posting updates after some mileage is put on them. I've seen some good reviews, and also had experience with them (friend had them on his previous jeep).

So far so good, slight rubbing up in the front at full lock backing up, but that is it. I'm going to *maybe* do some trimming, or a slight Clevis lift will help.

Nice looking tires, aggressive look.

I saw a KJ parked on the street today with Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor tires.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PATHFINDER DESTINATION A/T 265/70/16
You must be registered for see images

I know the silent armor would do its justice on the trail, however I don't even see trails (driving by) let alone plan to jump on one anytime soon. However, I did want the available off-road capability for the snowy weather, and the occassional run to the sand dunes!!

I fitted my jeep with 1 of the Silent Armor and it looked good but didn't convince me (for the price too).

GoldBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the wrangler silent armors on my TJ and love them. They work well in the mud and snow and look awesome. Plus they seem to be wearing better then the GSA's but then I can't say my father was the best about rotations and checking pressure. Even when I checked the pressure often the outter tread on the GSA's wore funny.

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look really nice! =P~
I could use a set of new tires...

...some day.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online