245/75r16 on pre-lowered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank

Reaction score
Can you fit 245/75r16 tires on a pre-lowered libby without major rubbing ? I know I have to do the pinch weld thing, maybe a clevis lift, but is it enough ?

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TJKJ was saying that he did it on his new prelowered 2002 with little-to-no rubbing. I think it depends on how much sag you've accumulated over the years.

I would say that I am at pre-lowered height or a little taller on mine currently. The 245/70 (30.5") worried me. I just ordered a set of 235/75's yesterday (30") and hope I can get those to work with no rubbing. I am fairly confident that if I pound the pinch weld and do a little bumper reshaping I can make them fit with little issue.

Spidey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a pre-lowered 02 and even with the Daystar 2.5" lift my 245/75(30.9" dia) Treadwright MTRs rubbed everything up front, FWIW.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
ThunderbirdJunkie gets barely any rub with his OME front springs and his Skyjacker rear springs.

That being said...
You must be registered for see images attach