245/75/16 on 06 kj

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A local tire shop that we have gone through for years had a set of bfg mtrs that someone ordered a year ago and never bought em so he has been sitting on em so my brother asked him how much he wanted and got to talking with the end result being they fit with minimal rubbing on the front of the wheelwells when turning. Gonna take the heat gun and heat the plastic inner fender out a little bit to fix it, but it is not bad at all. The tire guy did pound the pinch weld for me and painted it so it wouldn't rust, but he cut the plastic protrusion off to get to it :(

I will post pics later today.
It is otherwise stock with a hair over 44k on the odometer (After my wedding in April I am going to put a small (2" or so) lift on it) My lady might get mad if I start dumping money into the KJ while we're saving up for a wedding in the bahamas and a house:p

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem will come in if/when you start getting wheel travel. Turn out of a curbed driveway with the wheel anything but straight and I think you'll rub.

I need to pound my pinch weld and do a little massaging of the wheel well for my 235/75's.

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah we need pics...245/75 on a stock KJ...I wanna see that!

Congrets btw! (on the KJ, the 245's, the wedding, bahama's :D)

x2 on pics, and wedding, and bahamas!

I have a 2.5" lift and rubbed like crazy w/ 245/75/16's until I chopped off some plastics.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score

One stock height KJ with 245/75R16 MT/R's installed........................
You must be registered for see images attach

Then again my KJ is a pre-lowered one,just a little rub on the fronts of the inner fender wells at full lock.

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, it is a very exciting time for us.
I do have a picture in my phone but it won't let me upload it to the forum and my puppy ate my mouse cord for my desktop so I can't use that at the moment. I'll fix the cord tomorrow and upload the pic or use the phone as a mouse just to keep you guys happy.
It was different goin from plush 4 ply tires to these that are 8 if memory serves right. The ride is more like my old turbo neon now, well, without the handling :p

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kevin,
Driveways are fine. We have a driveway at work that is pretty rough and I am up to 8mph with no problems going in or out. I plan to try up to 10-13mph just to see if it rubs but I'm good so far. I even went over an island in the parking lot just fine letting the front come down with. A tiny bit of speed.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score

245/75/16 No lift or trim-sorta ok on road,rubbed on curbs and such,also limited turn radias. Rear where no prob.

Oh,and Good luck to OP.

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, so after going to hollister hills today and playing around in some mud (but mostly hard dirt since it hasn't rained in a while) I found the rears rub a little bit on the plastic attached to the doors and the fronts rub in the front where I knew it rubbed a little bit when turning. Other than that they did great in the mud I did find... well, unless you count the mud pit that was filled with the silkiest mud you have ever seen. I mean, the stuff was so silky you could use it for engine oil:p

First pic is bone stock with the factory tires and the rest are with the bfgs.

And here is a random video my friends and I found on youtube showing the mud pit at hollister hills when it actually has water in it and the quintessential reason for a beater 4x4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_9xAibctoU

Once I get my battery for my digital camera back from my lady I will take some good pictures of the jeep and post em up. Including picstures of where the tires rub.

Attachments

• IMAG0054.jpg
    IMAG0054.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMAG0064.jpg
    IMAG0064.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMAG0067.jpg
    IMAG0067.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Nice Jeep,like red,a lift will help with all rubbing issues except sway bar,using stock wheels.

Members online