245/65R17 on stock '05?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

8DC

Reaction score
Probably should have asked this before, but I ordered a set of Firestone Destination A/T tires in 245/65R17 for my '05 Limited (stock tires are Goodyear Wrangler HT in 235/65R17 so a slight upsize of roughly 1/4" in both directions?).
Did I make a mistake? Will it rub?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Probably should have asked this before, but I ordered a set of Firestone Destination A/T tires in 245/65R17 for my '05 Limited (stock tires are Goodyear Wrangler HT in 235/65R17 so a slight upsize of roughly 1/4" in both directions?).
Did I make a mistake? Will it rub?

With the amount of sag you have you may.
I've seen stock sizes rub before
If possible let them try one on the front first to see

8DC

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll have them check it.

If the suspension has sagged, it's going to need to be replaced anyway. Probably should be alright to get the tires mounted as long as I don't go full lock until I get things stiffened up?

The problem I have is that I had a tire blow out and I'm currently riding on the spare, which looks like it's from the car's original set, so I don't want to go too much longer before getting some new rubber on there.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll have them check it.

If the suspension has sagged, it's going to need to be replaced anyway. Probably should be alright to get the tires mounted as long as I don't go full lock until I get things stiffened up?

The problem I have is that I had a tire blow out and I'm currently riding on the spare, which looks like it's from the car's original set, so I don't want to go too much longer before getting some new rubber on there.

Well it is sagged way over an inch.
Full lock will of course I'd say but could also just on the plastics.

8DC

Reaction score
Well, I must have got lucky. Had the tires installed today and so far no rubbing.
I'll still take it easy and keep it on the street until I refresh the suspension though...

You must be registered for see images attach

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I must have got lucky. Had the tires installed today and so far no rubbing.
I'll still take it easy and keep it on the street until I refresh the suspension though...

Looks good but DEFINITELY looks close! More than likely rubs around turns...but a little rubbing isn't terrible. I rub in the front currently. I'm going to fix that soon though...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Wow that is close

Latest posts

Members online