21000 mile KJ Service?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I called the Dealer today to setup a date for a tire rotation. They kept tring to shove a 21000 mile Service down my throat. I got hung up on twice b/c every time they went to get a list of what would be done... the phone would hang up.

So what is it? I Figure they would just look at my tubes and belts and charge me an arm and a leg for it.

Thanks!!!

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I called the Dealer today to setup a date for a tire rotation. They kept tring to shove a 21000 mile Service down my throat. I got hung up on twice b/c every time they went to get a list of what would be done... the phone would hang up.

So what is it? I Figure they would just look at my tubes and belts and charge me an arm and a leg for it.

Thanks!!!

Why do you need to take it to the dealer rotate your tires in the first place? Any service garage can rotate tires without all that dealer B.S.!

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do you need to take it to the dealer rotate your tires in the first place? Any service garage can rotate tires without all that dealer B.S.!

Because the Jeep is still under warranty and incase they see anything wrong they can fix it. Plus The deal has the cheapeset rotation around. The avg rotation for 5 tires is $25-30. I get it at the dealship for $15.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because the Jeep is still under warranty and incase they see anything wrong they can fix it. Plus The deal has the cheapeset rotation around. The avg rotation for 5 tires is $25-30. I get it at the dealship for $15.

Not worth the hastle to save $10. Besides, they get paid less for warrenty work from the Mfg than they make on non-warrenty work. They are not usually going to look for it. Besides, if you have a problem, you will know about it and schedule an appointment.

You need to find a good local shop if the dealer is giving you a hard time. Just do not go to a fast lube type of place. Besides, at 21,000 miles you do not need any elaborate maintenance done unless you have been abusing and beating the mechanical crap out of your jeep on a daily basis maybe. In the owners manual there is a recommended service schedule.

Just my opinion.

Dave

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not worth the hastle to save $10. Besides, they get paid less for warrenty work from the Mfg than they make on non-warrenty work. They are not usually going to look for it. Besides, if you have a problem, you will know about it and schedule an appointment.

You need to find a good local shop if the dealer is giving you a hard time. Just do not go to a fast lube type of place. Besides, at 21,000 miles you do not need any elaborate maintenance done unless you have been abusing and beating the mechanical crap out of your jeep on a daily basis maybe. In the owners manual there is a recommended service schedule.

Just my opinion.

Dave

My dealership isn't too bad. I already have a local shop. :D I'm just waiting out the warranty then I'll go back to the local shop. I take good care of my KJ so thats why I declined it.

Last edited:

sleeve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no 21,000 mile service call out in the owners manual.

If they try that fuel injector cleaner line on you, just let them know that your KJ is too new to have build up that would cause a loss of power. {FYI} Most KJ owners that use SEAFOAM in the intake report little to no smoke with mileage ranging from 60K - 100K miles. [i.e. clean engines with mileage]

Factory service items are

Transfer case / Front Diff and Rear Diff every 15K miles
Transmission every 30K miles
Spark Plugs every 30K miles

Everything else is replaced as it breaks.