2017 Compass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen the ads, Jeep website, and brochures. Now, I want to see one in person.

2017 Jeep Compass - New Compact SUV

I like what they have done with the styling, IMO a big improvement. And the Trailhawk edition looks even better. Sure, it won't be stellar off road, but it looks like a nice little crossover. I definitely like it better than the Renegade

What say the forum?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Saw one at the Twin Cities autoshow last weekend, they look great in person too.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen one in person yet but they look like a giant improvement in the looks department. One of the pics has a color orange and black similar to tjkj's orange. I like that color.

The Trailhawk version should have some extra off-road ability in keeping with the "Jeep" name.

Dave

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look too bad...but why have a tow group option if it can only tow 1,000 lbs??? :rofl:

Yeah, that does leave a bit to be desired. Even the Subaru CrossTrek can tow 1500. The compass would be nearly maxed out pulling a pair of motocross bikes with gear.

Still, now that I've seen a few in person, I really like them. Checked out a Trailhawk yesterday. Plenty of room, nice features; and the headlights and grill they should have put on the KL too.

It's definitely "most improved" of the Jeep models since it first made its appearance.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look too bad...but why have a tow group option if it can only tow 1,000 lbs??? :rofl:

Agree. No one that needs to tow anything should consider 1,000lbs towing capacity. My little utility trailer weighs 1,000lbs empty.

I still haven't seen one in person.....just pics.

Dave

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree. No one that needs to tow anything should consider 1,000lbs towing capacity. My little utility trailer weighs 1,000lbs empty.

I still haven't seen one in person.....just pics.

Dave
I actually saw one in person the other day. Cute little street Jeep for sure.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd love a new Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. Can you get me a 50% discount?:gr_grin:

What the heck are the letter designation for the new GCs? are they still WK2?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I'd love a new Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. Can you get me a 50% discount?:gr_grin:

What the heck are the letter designation for the new GCs? are they still WK2?

The official platform/program/sales code is "WK". Nowhere in our system does "WK2" exist. Anywhere.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Marlon, great to hear from you again!

We really like my wife's '16 Renegade - the doggone thing is a stout little Jeep and surprisingly comfortable with lots of space and loaded with goodies for just being the Latitude Edition.

That said, I'm surprised FCA put the same engine as the Renegade in the new Compass. The Renegade ain't no drag strip prince by any stretch and the Compass is a bigger, heavier vehicle. A larger power plant should have been at least an option IMO.

But I really like the styling - very much the Grand Cherokee's little brother. The Compass is getting very good reviews and is surprising the reviewers off-road. Seems it's more capable than folks are giving it credit for.

Bob

Last edited:

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Thanks Bob. While I never actually *left*, the postings did slow down. lol3.gif

Help for Renegade and Compass power are coming soon, I'm sure. For now, buy a Cherokee.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The official platform/program/sales code is "WK". Nowhere in our system does "WK2" exist. Anywhere.

OK, that's odd. Many websites/forums are noting the 2011-present GCs as WK2. JBA, JeepGarage, and Quadratec to name a few... even Wikipedia:emotions34:

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
OK, that's odd. Many websites/forums are noting the 2011-present GCs as WK2. JBA, JeepGarage, and Quadratec to name a few... even Wikipedia:emotions34:

I'm aware. But remember, I work there.

It's WK. lol3.gif

The full code is WKJH74 for a Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4. NOT WK2JH74.

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm aware. But remember, I work there.

It's WK. lol3.gif

The full code is WKJH74 for a Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4. NOT WK2JH74.

Marlon, what is the full code for the KJ and KK?

Dave

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Test drove a brand new Compass Trailhawk on Saturday. (The 2014 GC I went to see had sold late Friday)
Really nice little Jeep. Smooth and agile, if a bit underpowered. Good amount of interior space, nicely equipped, and good layout. I liked it better than the Subaru CrossTrek, and it's heads above the old Compass and Patriot. And styled better than the Renegade.
Seems like it would be a great vehicle for Wisconsin winters, even some off tarmac work within reason.

If my new vehicle budget were around $30k, I think it would be a top contender.:waytogo:

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I haven't driven one. As long as it accelerates as fast as a KK, I most likely wouldn't have an issue with it. I'm so conditioned to this slow brick on wheels, I'd probably be OK.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't driven one. As long as it accelerates as fast as a KK, I most likely wouldn't have an issue with it. I'm so conditioned to this slow brick on wheels, I'd probably be OK.

Yeah, compared to my KJ, it's not too bad. About on par with other 4-bangers I've driven lately. The one place it shows is while accelerating going uphill, but it's on par with the CrossTrek, as well as the Buick Encore and Ford Escape that my girlfriend test drove last weekend.

Latest posts

Members online