2014 Cherokee Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My book is 200 miles away but I think (?) its something like Deep or Dark Cherry Pearl (?)
Im looking on line wifi at my mom's and like 200 channels of nothing to watch:). I cant believe that they jump right over the KJ/KK when comparing. Its annoying that Blogs can be taken as the authority on things.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Neither. It's Auburn Pearl and looks even BETTER in person. I can't stop staring at the Grands that come down the line painted in that color.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

That is flippin' cool!! Give me one in gunmetal grey with black accents please:icon_biggrin:
That's what my local dealer has. Trailhawks only come in some colors and interiors.
Like Mango tango (I just like sayin That) only comes with black leather.
Marlon,When I get home Im going to look at the colors again, they make 2 reds? Cause I kind of like it too_Or a change?

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I just did build your own. No mango tango. And I don't find that Auburn:(. This is confusing.

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I just did build your own. No mango tango. And I don't find that Auburn:(. This is confusing.

I know the color is not showing for build your own, but there have been some folks that have mango tango on order. It just this month became available to order, but the you build em thingy does not show it yet. Eco green just showed up recently.

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got to look over the TrailHawk that they used at SEMA today at the Detroit Auto Show.
Telling you, with the 245-70-17s on there it was looking real good
Thats the first upgrade I'd make if I had one on the way

Those Firestones will go away as soon as I get some wear on them. (once the little critter gets up here!)
I have had a lot of luck with BFG TA KOs and plan to put a set of 245-70-17s on when the time comes.
Not sure as yet if that size will allow the spare to stay in its well in the back or not but I can work around that.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
That's what my local dealer has. Trailhawks only come in some colors and interiors.
Like Mango tango (I just like sayin That) only comes with black leather.
Marlon,When I get home Im going to look at the colors again, they make 2 reds? Cause I kind of like it too_Or a change?

Cherrie, it's a Grand Cherokee color, not a Cherokee color. This is a concept vehicle, they can paint it any color they want. :p

Auburn is actually more of a brown, not a red.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks! It's not like I can buy anything,any. But I like to shop, only for vehicles and add on's.
Marlon have a Mango Tango day:).

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a duplicate - I don't think I've seen it, though.

Here is a page Jeep just emailed me with a nice color selector feature:

2014 Jeep Cherokee | SUV with 9 Speed Auto Transmission | Jeep

Got the Mango Tango in there! :D

If you go to Build and Price however, it does not show as a choice.
I suspect it is a matter of stuff not being updated as yet. As I said several folk on the Cherokee site said they were able to order them at the dealer and the orders went through.

Meanwhile I finally got a notice through VOTS that mine is being framed. 4 weeks in scheduled and this after my sales dude said he checked in his system and told me it was due to ship from Detroit on the 21st.

Go figure..

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you go to Build and Price however, it does not show as a choice.
I suspect it is a matter of stuff not being updated as yet. As I said several folk on the Cherokee site said they were able to order them at the dealer and the orders went through.

Meanwhile I finally got a notice through VOTS that mine is being framed. 4 weeks in scheduled and this after my sales dude said he checked in his system and told me it was due to ship from Detroit on the 21st.

Go figure..

So, if it ships on the 21st, how long for it to get to your dealer in Ak?

Dave

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Did he even tell you anything BESIDES an estimated ship date?

Key word is "estimated". This can and will show up before it leaves D1 and goes into E.

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did he even tell you anything BESIDES an estimated ship date?

Key word is "estimated". This can and will show up before it leaves D1 and goes into E.

Ya know senor, you have opened the clue. He said it was "supposed to be shipping out of Detroit on the 21st". Key word I think would be "supposed".

And what you have described is the way it happened. Some folks say once it hits frame it moves fast at least till inspection. That can be a bottle neck but I would just as soon they check the little girl out real good before she comes north!

When I ordered my "original" Cherokee (SJ) in 1973, they did not have any of this stuff. It got to Wichita Falls , TX when it got there. I was just happy to get it before Christmas, cause we were driving to Northern Indiana for Christmas. Great way to break in a rig!.

This one will get here before spring, unless this is spring now and I missed some days. Sure feels like spring and the snow and ice are going fast!:wtf2:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
It sure ain't spring here in the Cleveland area. :emotions33:

Hope you get it sooner rather than later. :)

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's still the other part that doesn't make sense.

It ships out of Toledo.

Is he tracking the right Jeep?

I am discounting all from the dealer at this point.

Got VOTS notice it went to Frame so it is moving.

Shipping from Detroit made no sense to me either.

Will keep checking but I think, as you said, VOTS updates daily at 8 local of 4 AK, so we shall what she says tomorrow.

Tnx for your input, advice and concern!

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Poor pic but Cherokee called a winner.
You must be registered for see images

Members online

No members online now.