2014 Cherokee Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivantate

Reaction score
Thinking about getting a base 2.4 with the winter pack for the missus and as something as an family runabout. The 31mpg part appeals, and they are well thought out.

Trying to work out if it is worth the extra over a patriot/compass.

Trailhawk looks great but then so does a grand cherokee with the offroad pack for a similar amount of money.

Best bit: the way the doors open and close.

Worst bit: tailgate sloping in taking all the luggage space.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk 4

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Lights look pretty cool at night, ran with one on the Interstate last evening for 25-30 miles .
I'd buy one way sooner than a Compass or Patriot.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
My salesdude knows better than to even seriously approach me about a Cherokee. :D

So he doesn't even try.

He knows me so well, he knew exactly what either me or my mom wanted...

But yet he sold you a KK. :icon_eek:

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lithia dealership across aAnchorage got two Trail Hawks in One loaded and one not so loaded.

Got to try the loaded one on for size and drive it around for a half hour or so. 3.2 with dang near everything on it.

I like it. Most leg and headroom I have had in any of my Jeeps going back to the original Cherokee in 74.

Roads are loaded with packed snow and ice and had no trouble with system in Auto. ABS worked great. Ride feels good and steering is just right. Only downside is that long hood and lack of in front of you visibility (IMHO)

All the cool toys are a blast to play with. That parking routine is spooky but it does work and I love the backup camera especially for hooking up the snowmachine trailer.

MSRP on what I have in mind is like 37K. Was told I could get for their price + 500. Then there is 995 shipping and a document fee of 200.

There is one in my future and I am blessed to have the resources to pay cash. Will sell the Liberty private. She has been great but time passes on.

To each there own as to likes and dislikes. As others have stated it looks way better in person than the pictures and I think the weasel(weasel = Trail Hawk) looks the best!

The one I order will be a weasel in True Blue, no sliding roof stuff, and still debating on the leather inside (do look good),

Just one old Alaskan's opinion!

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice please keep us updated.
I'm not in the market but very interested how they do.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, keep us updated al7fi and don't forget pics.

Dave

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope this is not a violation of the prim directive , however I found this website/club while searching under jeep kl: 2014 Jeep Cherokee Forums

I have signed up and will see what I can find. Far number of folks have taken delivery and many more have ordered and are waiting.

Just for what its worth.

Any one know in this site will end up for an area for KL's?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope this is not a violation of the prim directive , however I found this website/club while searching under jeep kl: 2014 Jeep Cherokee Forums

I have signed up and will see what I can find. Far number of folks have taken delivery and many more have ordered and are waiting.

Just for what its worth.

Any one know in this site will end up for an area for KL's?

I'm sure they will sooner or later ,hasn't been discussed yet to my knowledge. We've added one over on LOSTJEEPS already though, so far not much action

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lithia dealership across aAnchorage got two Trail Hawks in One loaded and one not so loaded.

Got to try the loaded one on for size and drive it around for a half hour or so. 3.2 with dang near everything on it.

I like it. Most leg and headroom I have had in any of my Jeeps going back to the original Cherokee in 74.

Roads are loaded with packed snow and ice and had no trouble with system in Auto. ABS worked great. Ride feels good and steering is just right. Only downside is that long hood and lack of in front of you visibility (IMHO)

All the cool toys are a blast to play with. That parking routine is spooky but it does work and I love the backup camera especially for hooking up the snowmachine trailer.

MSRP on what I have in mind is like 37K. Was told I could get for their price + 500. Then there is 995 shipping and a document fee of 200.

There is one in my future and I am blessed to have the resources to pay cash. Will sell the Liberty private. She has been great but time passes on.

To each there own as to likes and dislikes. As others have stated it looks way better in person than the pictures and I think the weasel(weasel = Trail Hawk) looks the best!

The one I order will be a weasel in True Blue, no sliding roof stuff, and still debating on the leather inside (do look good),

Just one old Alaskan's opinion!

a thing that i liked about it when i drove one if you are a audiophile like myself there is no need to upgrade the sound system in any way i ran some sweeps to the system one a level flat line and one of my listening style with lots of bass in the kick and with lots of high's in the toms and snare to say the least if you buy one and feel that you need to upgrade the sound system in it you might want to get your ears checked

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
But yet he sold you a KK. :icon_eek:

If you wanna get technical, he didn't "sell" either vehicle to me. He just signed his name on a few sheets of paper and so did I. :p

The "sales tactics" were not done, trying to convince me to buy ____________ was not necessary. lol3.gif

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The deed has been done. On order as of this afternoon, 2014 Cherokee Trail Hawk, 3.2 V6, all options except sun roof things and speaker upgrade. True blue and black interior (leather interior option.
Now the wait begins. I hereby promise to post pictures or try to if I can figure out how, or barring that e-mail them to YC to post if she would be so kind.
Also will include the 03LE but it will not be very clean unless we get a heat wave where I can run it through the wash and not have it frozen when I am done. Will be selling it private and that will not be easy from an emotional standpoint. She has been a good ride.

Just noticed my member status has downgraded. Time to renew! To the control panel!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
The deed has been done. On order as of this afternoon, 2014 Cherokee Trail Hawk, 3.2 V6, all options except sun roof things and speaker upgrade. True blue and black interior (leather interior option.
Now the wait begins. I hereby promise to post pictures or try to if I can figure out how, or barring that e-mail them to YC to post if she would be so kind.
Also will include the 03LE but it will not be very clean unless we get a heat wave where I can run it through the wash and not have it frozen when I am done. Will be selling it private and that will not be easy from an emotional standpoint. She has been a good ride.

Just noticed my member status has downgraded. Time to renew! To the control panel!

Congrats.

Dave

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to your updates. Enjoy the new Jeep! :)

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats, keep us informed on how you like it.

A coworker got hers about 2 weeks ago, a Limited with all the options. She is not a fan the lane diversion crap, but other than that she really likes it.

CRAB STEAMER

Reaction score
We looked at the new Cherokee, Kia Sorento and Wrangler Unlimited. And left with a loaded 2012 Liberty Jet. The new Cherokee and Kia just don't appeal to us.

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We looked at the new Cherokee, Kia Sorento and Wrangler Unlimited. And left with a loaded 2012 Liberty Jet. The new Cherokee and Kia just don't appeal to us.
It is truly all in the eyes of the beholder.
Or whatever turns your crank or floats your boat.
'Cause after all, it is your money!