2014 Cherokee Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
OK.

I spent a LOT of time with the Cherokee at the auto show.

... hmm...

My KK FEELS wider inside. Not sure if it is or isn't, but it feels wider inside.

Honestly overall, it's the size of a KJ so if you're used to that, you'll get used to a KL real quick.

It has the XJ's seating position... more car-like instead of bar stool, like a KJ/KK.

The front overhang doesn't look NEARLY AS BAD up close and personal. I mean it's bad but it's not ... ridiculous. Interior is ridiculously high quality. Better than the Grand Cherokee. Go figure, right?

Seats are very comfortable.

Cargo space is lacking a bit, but we all knew that was gonna happen. It has about as much cargo FLOOR space as a KJ *but* don't expect to stand anything up back there.

There was a full sized spare in the Trailhawk I saw, under the cargo floor. It was a matching tire, Firestone Destination A/T. Speaking of tires, in the case of the Trailhawk, it looked like you could fit something a tad bit larger without a lift.

Steering column is kinda weird. The same issue with the Dart with which it shares some architecture... but not all. It doesn't drop as much as we Americans are used to. Takes some time to adjust if you're NOT used to what I call the "School Bus Position"... lol3.gif

Nothing you touch on a regular basis felt cheap inside. Not even the doorhandles. Yes, they are plastic, but they feel much more substantial.

It seems to attract an older crowd. I am NOT sure why??? I mean are these just old XJ buyers who wanna see the new Cherokee? I don't get it. I do believe that the name is what sells this vehicle more than anything. I mean who doesn't know what a Jeep Cherokee is?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^nice write-up Marlon.

Dave

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Anything anybody else want to know about it? Since I have never driven one, I can't tell you how it drives but I can't imagine anything especially bad.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Wanna know what would have been sweet?

If they put the 3.6L in there.

271HP vs. 290HP.
239lb/ft vs. 260lb/ft.

The difference isn't that much, but it would be enough to be noticeable.

I am not sure why they downsized the engine for this Jeep. I don't know about them using it for any other vehicle. The only other downsized Pentastar V6 is the 2.9L going to China.

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In Final Inspection as of 0800 update today!
That was 0800 on 1/27... nothing today (1/28)

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
So close you can almost smell that "new car" scent! :friday:

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or it's just sitting in a lonely corner of the plant waiting for some necessary attention.

^ Truth. :p

Brother Marlon doth verily speak the truth........

No update this AM.

There is always tomorrow. But even after it leaves the lot, it has a long ride ahead!

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could pick it up and deliver it for you. I could use a break from all this cold weather.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could pick it up and deliver it for you. I could use a break from all this cold weather.

I need a break from the cold weather too. Can I go? We could get it there faster with 2 drivers.

Dave

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brother Marlon doth verily speak the truth........

No update this AM.

There is always tomorrow. But even after it leaves the lot, it has a long ride ahead!

Alas, nothing today either. But then they are building a flock of the critters.

Perhaps on Thursday more news.

Ya all could bring it up and get a good deal on a loaded 03 LE to drive back.......

It's blue and has the off road package..........

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
You're going to be stuck in "I" status for a while. PM me your VIN and I'll see what's up with it if it's not out of "I" status by Friday morning.

I'd do it NOW, but Chrysler is only Windows and Internet Explorer friendly. :(

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I would seriously do it. Right now. I'm out of school and job hunting, but this might be my best chance for years, maybe ever. I don't know that al7fi wants to take delivery with the first couple thousand miles burned off already, though... ;)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I want one now.

No this doesn't mean that I'm going to get one tomorrow...

But in 2016, it's going to be a serious fight between a Cherokee and a Wrangler CRD.

Stupid auto show... lol.

...$5 says the Wrangler CRD will win.

Latest posts

Members online