2012 Stock KK 16" Wheels on a 2004 KJ Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaleKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please don't beat me up too bad. I've been searching and can't find this info. My wheels are the stock steel ones and the 2012 wheels are 5 spoke, possibly aluminum, but much better looking. Everything is the same according to the "myboltpattern.com" web site except the "Offset Range" 20-40 for my 2004 and 35 to 45 for a 2011 (2012) not listed, and it says Stud size for 2004 1/2 x 20 and for the 2012 just "12". I figure I can buy some new lug nuts if needed. I don't understand why a range is listed instead of a specific number. Anyway, has any one used the newer wheels on the older KJs? They are both 16". My KJ is pure stock now but I do plan to lift 2" to 3" with bigger tires in the future. Thank you.

Attachments

• Wheels.JPG
    Wheels.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 24

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
offset for stock kj wheels is greater then 40 mm ie between 41 and 44 depending on if its 16 or 17s and the year.

And yes they will fit.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I can never figure out the whole offset/backspacing thing. I read it, I understand it, and then it falls outta my head before I can apply it.

I'd like to push my wheels out more - "TJ Rubicon wheels on a KJ" stance would be great. I don't really want the 8" wheel though, nor do I want to spend Rubicon money to get a set of 5.

Would a KK wheel give me a "wider" stance on my KJ than the standard '05-'07 OE alloys I have?

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I can never figure out the whole offset/backspacing thing. I read it, I understand it, and then it falls outta my head before I can apply it.

I'd like to push my wheels out more - "TJ Rubicon wheels on a KJ" stance would be great. I don't really want the 8" wheel though, nor do I want to spend Rubicon money to get a set of 5.

Would a KK wheel give me a "wider" stance on my KJ than the standard '05-'07 OE alloys I have?

I don't believe there is any appreciable difference in where KK 7 inch wide wheel sits related to KJ stock wheels.

all the cool kids buy soft 8s on 7 inch wide with 4 inches of backspacing which has an offset of 0mm; which gives you around a little less then half an inch more OUTward then moabs or 1.65 inches (42mm ish) out from stock wheels relative to the hub.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't believe there is any appreciable difference in where KK 7 inch wide wheel sits related to KJ stock wheels.

all the cool kids buy soft 8s on 7 inch wide with 4 inches of backspacing which has an offset of 0mm; which gives you around a little less then half an inch more OUTward then moabs or 1.65 inches (42mm ish) out from stock wheels relative to the hub.

Werd, but I don't want black steel wheels.