2011 start, then die. Now no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bsonoma

Reaction score
Hey all,

Super confused here. Went to fire up my jeep today, it started right up then after 5 seconds or so it died. It did that 5 or 6 times, now no start. Checked battery and it's good. I'm super confused. My key fob quit working a couple weeks ago, won't lock or unlock doors, could it have just gone completely bad? I only have 1 key, so I have no way to test this.

HELP!

Cpt Marvel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Super confused here. Went to fire up my jeep today, it started right up then after 5 seconds or so it died. It did that 5 or 6 times, now no start. Checked battery and it's good. I'm super confused. My key fob quit working a couple weeks ago, won't lock or unlock doors, could it have just gone completely bad? I only have 1 key, so I have no way to test this.

HELP!

My first shot would be the fuel pump. Get in, open the door and leave your head out, turn key to ON not START. listen or feel for a buzz or hum for several seconds. If you hear one, might do a fuel pump pressure test or check the filter. If not, fuel pump relay is in the box under the hood. Just change it with one of the others that look the same. If no change, I'd guess the pump is bad.

Bsonoma

Reaction score
That would make sense if it was cranking over and not starting, but it won't even turn over.

Latest posts

Members online