2010 Liberty Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BE Property

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to this site, and new to Jeep's.

My wife and I were looking for a second vehicle and came across the Jeep Liberty Sport. We both liked the style and ride of the Liberty, so we decided to purchase it.

We took delivery of the Liberty one week ago. I think we should have taken the Liberty for a ride on the highway not just through the city, before deciding to purchase. This Liberty has the Sky Slider roof, and apparently with this roof comes WIND NOISE, lots and lots of wind noise

My first question is:

1. Did I make the wrong decision purchasing this Liberty with this type of roof, and is there any way to fix the amount of noise from the sky slider. This noise will drive me crazy..

My second questions is:
2. This morning while driving to work, my wife was chilly so she put on the heat, only to have the air coming out cold, so she brought the jeep to me and I did the following. I made sure the AC was off, the selector was all the way toward the red (hot), I checked both heater hoses, and both were equally hot, the rad was full, as was the overflow, and the temp gauge was sitting in the middle of the gauge yet we still only had cold air blowing out the vents. For whatever reason, I decided to check the selector for vents, defrost etc and everything was working fine there, and I was always getting cold air no hot or warm air at all.

Would anyone have any insight into either of these problems.

Many Thanks
Brian

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like #2 is a clogged heater core. If you can, I would take it back to them strictly based on that. Do you have any sort of warranty with it?