2009 kk liberty P0304 and P0204

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rwdsti

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I have a 2009 Jeep Liberty with PO304 (cylinder 4 misfire) and PO204 (cylinder 4 injector A circuit). I recently replaced the injector on cylinder 1 because cylinder 1 was originally missing with a PO301 and PO201. It fixed that miss on cylinder one but it immediately jumped to cylinder 4. So that's making me think its a different issue. if anyone has any suggestions on how to attack this it would be greatly appreciated.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 08 has six ignition coils whereas I think your 09 has 3. If you disconnected them to get at the fuel injectors you’ll want to be sure the correct plug wire goes to the right cylinder on the other side. Chances are you know this but never hurts to confirm. Found online:

Driver side is 1-3-5 front to rear
Passenger side is 2-4-6 front to rear
1 feeds 6
3 feeds 2
5 feeds 4

LONGJEEPOWNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had a po302 and po304 problem for a few months now. Have changed spark plugs, coils and wire and the code still came back. I recently changed the map sensor and so far no codes in a month. It was a cheap part so I tried it!

rwdsti

Reaction score
My 08 has six ignition coils whereas I think your 09 has 3. If you disconnected them to get at the fuel injectors you’ll want to be sure the correct plug wire goes to the right cylinder on the other side. Chances are you know this but never hurts to confirm. Found online:

Driver side is 1-3-5 front to rear
Passenger side is 2-4-6 front to rear
1 feeds 6
3 feeds 2
5 feeds 4
Unfortunately nothing has changed. I ordered all new injectors since that seemed to fix the first one. If that doesn't work ill try MAP sensor.

Members online

No members online now.