2008 Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reload40s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like a baby Commander, I am glad that I bought mine when I did. In my humble opinion it looks awful. We'll know in a year for sure.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Simply nitro with a few cosmetics.. I don't understand DC. [-X If they really change it into this, I am glad I got my 04 as well. I hope to drive it for a very long time.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
Simply nitro with a few cosmetics.. I don't understand DC. [-X If they really change it into this, I am glad I got my 04 as well. I hope to drive it for a very long time.
You *really* need to look carefully. It's not just a Nitro...

You must be registered for see images

Trapezoidal vs. Round Fender Flares
Vehicle is higher.
Increased height vs. Nitro
More angular windsheild.
Square rear-area
License plate area is much larger.
Flip Up Window vs. Fixed on Nitro.
Grille
Headlights
Liberty-style lower door flare vs. plain on Nitro
Roof Rack vs. none
Glass area doesn't look like an H3 like the Nitro.
Jeepish Tail lights
Skid plates vs. None on Nitro =P~
Jeep vs. Dodge badging =P~

And who knows what else we will find when they uncover this thing? IMO, it makes our KJs look like toys in comparison.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with you but it is still nitro like. It could be based, but still it is not like Jeep anymore. It seems like it is a bit larger, longer.. Did they have to do that? Did they have to listen to all those people who said "no cargo space".

Ithe side grill, the mirror is identical, rear and front bumper placement. Yes it sure looks higher than nitro but I don't think that nitro is what is on the street. when looked from rear, then the differences hit you, nitro does not have flipper gladd, but tha placement of branding and shiny board, is almost same. This is like when Dodge changed durango into hideous new one, the old one was much better, liberty will have the same destiny I guess.

It still doesn't look right to me, maybe we will get used to it.. :-#

3 topics now:
http://www.jeepkj.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4751 (current)
http://www.jeepkj.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4150
http://www.jeepkj.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3972

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Well I guess you could look at it this way. Had it not been for the KJ Liberty, NEITHER of these vehicles would exist.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
Well I guess you could look at it this way. Had it not been for the KJ Liberty, NEITHER of these vehicles would exist.

YOU JUST CHANGED WHAT YOU SAID. Your original post was:

Does anyone notice that the name is longer where the Jeep badging is covered.

Then I went to quote you and reply but it said I couldn't.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I did. I just had to enlarge it and look at it again.

It still says Liberty. Good.

Actually you're wrong. That was a seperate post that I deleted. #-o

P4M

Reaction score
Looks like a Dodge Nitro minus the added little aerodynamics... Doesn't really turn me on.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Well... few more comments...

1. Are those the previous Liberty Limited wheels painted black?
2. That Nitro above is the vehicle currently being produced.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
Well... few more comments...

1. Are those the previous Liberty Limited wheels painted black?

No, I have them on my Freedom, mine are just a different color...they're different than on that new one.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet! I like it! Looks modern, and more like the WK and XK. Don't get me wrong, I love the current style, but this will be a nice update.

I was afraid awhile ago that it was going to get squeezed out. Go Liberty!!!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
too boxy i think.
wheels are typical wheels found on spy shots, they try to hide that it is a jeep by using non-standart wheels. I am wondering what they will do with the interior and how they will price it.. so far they have been doing some great confusion for the buyers..

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be so cool if Jeep would put a small V8 in the Liberty. I'm not asking for a HEMI since there is the WK and XK... but just like a 4.7 V8 (or just return a diesel to it).

Sure it's somewhat boxy, but so is the WK and XK. It's going to be a stunning update. I feel good about it. (biggrin)

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
Sure it's somewhat boxy, but so is the WK and XK. It's going to be a stunning update. I feel good about it. (biggrin)

I loved my XK very much. I loved the boxy look of it, the 4.0L straight 6 and the ability to through a 3.5" suspension lift on it for cheap. I do miss it so. rest in peace!!!

So yes, I kinda anticipate the looks of the new Liberty.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
It would be so cool if Jeep would put a small V8 in the Liberty. I'm not asking for a HEMI since there is the WK and XK... but just like a 4.7 V8 (or just return a diesel to it).

(biggrin)

I agree somewhat about the V-8 option....people think of the Liberty as a compact, but if you really look at dimensions and weight, at 4000lbs at it's lightest trim, a stripped Sport, it's not so compact....you can get an Explorer which weighs similar(depending on trim) with a V-8...and with the new Liberty getting slightly larger it's only getting heavier, so I think that if for nothing else than towing they should offer a small V-8, and that 4.7 would be a good choice, but I'd like to see better fuel economy out of it, maybe develop their new MDS system on it or something...just a thought

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:
grogiefrog said:

I loved my XJ very much. I loved the boxy look of it, the 4.0L straight 6 and the ability to through a 3.5" suspension lift on it for cheap. I do miss it so. rest in peace!!!

So yes, I kinda anticipate the looks of the new Liberty.
IFYPFY.

jeepgirl0385

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't like it. Too boxy and looks too close to the Nitro! I am glad I have my 03! But it is only a spy shot, and they are padded and covered to hide the true looks, so maybe when it is uncovered it will look good. We'll see...I don't hold much hope considering DC's current direction (ruining) with the Jeep brand.... 8-[

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thecause17 said:
grogiefrog said:

(biggrin)

I agree somewhat about the V-8 option....people think of the Liberty as a compact, but if you really look at dimensions and weight, at 4000lbs at it's lightest trim, a stripped Sport, it's not so compact....you can get an Explorer which weighs similar(depending on trim) with a V-8...and with the new Liberty getting slightly larger it's only getting heavier, so I think that if for nothing else than towing they should offer a small V-8, and that 4.7 would be a good choice, but I'd like to see better fuel economy out of it, maybe develop their new MDS system on it or something...just a thought

The current KJ is not a small SUV. It does deserve a small V8. A 4.7 with MDS would be a great add on. I'll have my KJ paid off April of '09, so that would make a nice time for a new Liberty (KK?).