2008 Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
From what I'm gathering on the other Jeep forums...

They still hate it.
Yep - "If it ain't got a solid front axle it ain't a real JEEP!"

A couple of guys on the AZ Virtual Jeep Club site are all a-quiver with anticipation of the new Liberty, but they're salespeople at dealerships so I think they're just crazy anyway :-s Like I said over on that site:
I think I'll keep my bug-eyed, curvy-bodied KJ over the boxy XJ looking new model.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or simply, I am glad I got a KJ. They will be like, what do you have? -Liberty. -Which One? -The goooooood one. :D

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much lower do you think the roof line is, I kind of feel the current roofline (height) is ideal, at least for me.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
As you can see from the pics, the roofline is about in the same position.

I screwed up the 3rd picture... I made the KJ's layer too high.

The beltline is higher this time around.

Jaysus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
http://www.allpar.com/trucks/jeep/liberty-2008.html

Unmasked. Enjoy.

I just showed this to my wife... she has alerady informed me that she wants one. haha! I should have known - she is enamoured with the Commander as well.

Good times.

reload40s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link to the naked 2008 Liberty,

It looks like my next Jeep will be a Wrangler unlimited Rubicon 4-door. I just don't like that whole Commander/Humvee look at all.

Maybe it will look better to me in person with some nice aluminum rims... :-k ...

jeepgirl0385

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(blarg)

I do not like it at all. It looks like a mini-Commander. The commander is fine, I have no problem with it....but I don't think the Liberty and the Patriot should look like it!

I definatly want to hang on to my 03!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's going to be next? Drain hole?

Oh and interior is exactly like commander combined with grand cherokee... look at that shift nob and the radio area, so dull... :(

and with all the people complaining about the leaky sunroof (thank god I don't have that problem) I hope they get their act straight and do it good (if they really do it, and if that in case is not reflectors for solar powered computer equipment) (whistle)

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
with all the people complaining about the leaky sunroof (thank god I don't have that problem) I hope they get their act straight and do it good (if they really do it, and if that in case is not reflectors for solar powered computer equipment) (whistle)

You mean the Commanders have leaky sunroofs? If you are talking about the KJ sunroofs I have not had a problem with mine at all.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me neither, no problems with it at all, but I read about 2-3 people, one even got his KJ replaced by the dealer and still had leaky sunroof. I think it was at lost or jeepforums.. they were complaining about it.

Anyway, just when I think I like it, I dislike it.. but the over the dash area looks good since the windshield is still close to dash like KJ, but I would still have to wait until it is in production & hits the dealers..

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not want a canvas retractable roof. Just wouldn't. And I've not had any problems with my moonroof. (knock on wood)

quinnb

Reaction score
This probably is not really a retractable fabric roof at all. If you notice in the photos, they go to great lengths to diguise some of the more prominent new features of the new body style..... My guess is that they taped up and covered the roof in black material to hide, perhaps, and elaborate new double-sun roof system a la Subaru and Audi..... IMO, a retractable fabric roof just would not make sense.

priell3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just think, when the 2008 Libertys come out, all of us with the older models (especially 2002-2004) will be owners of a "Classic Jeep". rollinglaugh.gif

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
quinnb said:
This probably is not really a retractable fabric roof at all. If you notice in the photos, they go to great lengths to diguise some of the more prominent new features of the new body style..... My guess is that they taped up and covered the roof in black material to hide, perhaps, and elaborate new double-sun roof system a la Subaru and Audi..... IMO, a retractable fabric roof just would not make sense.
We'll see. If the spy photographers say retractable roof... then it's most likely a retractable roof.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where is it going to retract to? into a roll like a carpet? I guess that's some test stuff there.. Unless it is a board and can be removed like wrangler

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Sorry it's so big. Not my image. Sounds like they used the H3 just to throw people off. lol3.gif

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
h3.. already what was called as competition to kj, was even in comparison reports. I feel dc is going after non-jeep crowd and just wants to give poeple what they want. That surely looks ugly when it is rolled down, and potential security problem, with slashings & get-ins (i have seen a few wranglers in ny with either slashed softtop or no top at all. I wouldn't risk that on a new KK, unless you got a garage.

If they really do it, and do it well, regular people might buy, not the jeep enthusiasts.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, if it does look like the nitro (which I personally think it does), then I don't like it at all! I took this pic today at the dealer where I got my KJ. My guess is that this would be similar to a "sport" version......

You must be registered for see images

Members online

No members online now.