2008 Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
jeepgirl0385 said:
I don't like it. Too boxy and looks too close to the Nitro! I am glad I have my 03! But it is only a spy shot, and they are padded and covered to hide the true looks, so maybe when it is uncovered it will look good. We'll see...I don't hold much hope considering DC's current direction (ruining) with the Jeep brand.... 8-[
Bit of history for you...

Jeep has been ruining the Jeep brand for about 50+ years now. People have been saying that darn near forever. Jeep is still alive though. \:D/

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
thecause17 said:
grogiefrog said:
It would be so cool if Jeep would put a small V8 in the Liberty. I'm not asking for a HEMI since there is the WK and XK... but just like a 4.7 V8 (or just return a diesel to it).

(biggrin)

I agree somewhat about the V-8 option....people think of the Liberty as a compact, but if you really look at dimensions and weight, at 4000lbs at it's lightest trim, a stripped Sport, it's not so compact....you can get an Explorer which weighs similar(depending on trim) with a V-8...and with the new Liberty getting slightly larger it's only getting heavier, so I think that if for nothing else than towing they should offer a small V-8, and that 4.7 would be a good choice, but I'd like to see better fuel economy out of it, maybe develop their new MDS system on it or something...just a thought

The current KJ is not a small SUV. It does deserve a small V8. A 4.7 with MDS would be a great add on. I'll have my KJ paid off April of '09, so that would make a nice time for a new Liberty (KK?).

Are you just agreeing with me, or reiterating what I just said? I said it wasn't compact. :-k

Anyways, some must have thought that it was a small SUV back when they came out in 2001, when they were tested against the Rav 4, XL-7, and the like...but when tested with the arrival of the H3, FJ, and other new larger SUV's, it was tested with them and called a runt....

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also recall the early tests putting it with a CRV and RAV4... that was just too funny!

So then let's see a 4.7 V8 in it. (Cheers)

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Again, I really like it. I think this photo just looks really sharp and aggressive. Please Jeep, please put a V8 in it as an option!

You must be registered for see images

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I wonder if it's legal (probably is) to rip off the camo while unattended and parked in a lot? I'd so do that if I found this thing and post pics of the front end... or at least post as much as I could! haha!

It's just a mini commander, but it looks so much better on the Liberty.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, the Commander has been growing on me significantly. Also, does it look like the Liberty is going to have the huge protruding front bumper like the 07 Wrangler? With how the cover stretches way out, it looks like its going to have a huge bust size for the front....lol

You must be registered for see images

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know. Looking at that, I think they may actually be large round headlights that the hole is smaller than. There kinda seems to be a curve on the left one. I dont mind the Commander though. As long as they dont make it a complete street Jeep, I like it. If you look at the front door, its very close to ours actually in shape. Looks like its still IFS too.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I got my new Motor Trend today. It had something in there about the '07 Liberty having the 4.0L SOHC V6 with 255hp as an option. Hey, it's not a V8, but I think that's more hp than the 4.7L anyway!

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Some size comparisons. I didn't know where to base the sizes from so I did 4. :)

You must be registered for see images attach

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy Macaroni with souce on it.
I actually like the looks on that comparison shot..
It is a tad bit longer, seems like they answered the cries of those who whined about cargo space, and gave a bit more headroom. Although the length will equal to KJ+Spare.
It surely looks smaller now then before on those shots.. It looked bigger and boxier in those spy shots.
Front looks great (from the side).
Too bad fenders got flatten a little bit, front looks wide but rear is not as much..
Look from the 3rd shot, yes it is full size spare.
Is that a side turn blinker or just a badge?

Next stop: Interior! \:D/

GRRRRRRR Marlon, you beat me to it.. It takes a whole evolution for my laptop to boot PS!! ](*,) I was thinking of same-- you could have based it on rear rim dead center.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
ew looks like the nitro...
I cant beleive that jeep is using the Nitro platform to base it on the next Liberty.

man, that just *****, the nerve of them..

seriously, I dont think i'll buy that Jeep Nitro...

ew

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kinda like it, it would need some more aggressive wheels, maybe a different color would change the overall feeling. The one thing I'd like to point out, and hopefully someone over at the factory is reading this.

Those little hood area side vents, that will also be on the Nitro, that are currently fake. Please!!! Make them functional, as either a heat vent system or an air intake system. Get a clue!! Because if you don't, I will. Just my 2 cents.

stfitts

Reaction score
I'm not real thrilled. maybe the color or something would change, but overall why not just put a few more g's and buy a commander? It just looks like a mini.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
side vents = range rover rip off.
overall new GC was rr rip off, now they are moving even further away fom original OlllllllO design. I am not a fan of squarish headlamps. There might be power options & interior features that would help tihs sell to original jeep crowd, but I am sooooo glad I got the original liberty :) it looks much better and feels more capable.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it! Looks like they took the roundness of the current Liberty and squared it all off. Sweetness! Let's just get that 4.0 and the CRD in it. =D>

I think that the old Cherokee guys should like this.