2007 ****** Trouble?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also i thought ****** Trouble was when you met a girl in a bar and shortly later you discovered she had the wrong under carriage.

LMFAO!

Anyways, I'm sorry that you are having such a bad time with the new KJ. I'm curious to see what comes out of this. I am still mystified as to why Jeep began to put the 42RLE into the Liberty instead of the 45RFE. I have been very happy with my transmission in my 2002 (knock on wood). The 42RLE's seem to have problem after problem. I still remember the stories about not being able to put it into reverse on inclines, random downshifts, etc.

07Latitude

Reaction score
Jimmy Jeep,
I have no knowledge of the CRD so I don't know if/how it is possible.

Original poster, I hope the replacement transmission fixes it for ya!

MarkB

Reaction score
The new ****** didn't fix it. They didn't even ask me to try it. Service Manager said he didn't even get 1/2 mile away from the dealership before it started jerking. The Service Manager has turned it over to the District Service Rep. I am supposed to talk with him on Monday. We'll see.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Well at least they're better than some of the dealers around here, they'll just slap new parts on without doing a diagnosis, give it back to you, then you turn around and tell them it's not fixed.

07Latitude

Reaction score
Well at least they're better than some of the dealers around here, they'll just slap new parts on without doing a diagnosis, give it back to you, then you turn around and tell them it's not fixed.

Or, those dealers that completely claim ignorance to a clear obvious problem and refuse to throw parts at it :rolleyes:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 45rfe was alittle to HD for the liberty since its used behind the hemi. The 42rle seems to be a great ****** so far but the shifting can be alittle screwy.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I would have to say putting a NV4500 in a KJ would be a little bit of a overkill,if the poor 3.7 could even turn it.

Then you would just need to put a hemmmmmiiii in front of it.....:D

Dave

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new ****** didn't fix it. They didn't even ask me to try it. Service Manager said he didn't even get 1/2 mile away from the dealership before it started jerking. The Service Manager has turned it over to the District Service Rep. I am supposed to talk with him on Monday. We'll see.

BTT.............Sorry I helped twist your thread around. Let us know how you make out Monday. I hope all goes well and they resolve your problem.

Dave

MarkB

Reaction score
Well I finally got to talk to the District Service Manager yesterday. He said they were working on a fix but, it is still about 30 days out.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I finally got to talk to the District Service Manager yesterday. He said they were working on a fix but, it is still about 30 days out.

30 days?! Why exactly is that? What are they supposedly waiting for?

MarkB

Reaction score
Good news!! They did a sticker for sticker even swap for an 08 KK. Chrysler bought the 07 back. I picked the 08 up yesterday.

MarkB

Reaction score
Talk about a good deal.....KK not available in Europe at this time...we did get the Dodge Nitro 2wd...but that's not a JEEP....

There are a lot of similarities between the two. There are some differences too. Not sure, is the suspension different? The salesman got plenty ticked when I called it a re-badged Nitro.

MarkB

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Red Rock 4x2 with pebble interior Sirius with 6 disc changer. Put close to 400 miles on it Friday. We love it. Completely different ride from the KJ.

Latest posts

Members online