2007 PCV and PCV vent hose?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Duster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, it looks like I am going to have to go to the dealer for these parts???

I heard a noise, couldn't figure out if it was like a singing idler bearing or a really sharp vacuum noise. It was too hot to pull the belt so I decided to check and cut the possibilities in half. So I pulled my oil dipstick and knew right away it was a sharp vacuum noise.

After some digging around I figured out my breather filter was pretty clogged. This is also a problem part, so I went to Walmart and bought a push mower filter upgrade kit that has the thick foam and the little housing it goes in. Then cut that foam to fit the slot in the airbox. Whistle gone, but I still seemed to find a suction sound which was not crazy loud. So it was hard to find. I almost thought it was the throttle body. But I got lucky I was checking what I thought were connections and since it was hot I was using a baby wipe to push and wiggle. Well it got caught at the elbow at the throttle body.

On the back side toward the firewall there is a good sized concave hole in the elbow. No way something holed it where it is at though.

Here is where it gets weird though. I would think by the temperature of the vent hose that the PCV isn't blocked off. But at the same time, when I put my finger over the hole in the elbow, I could kill the engine if I kept it there. So I want to buy both parts and replace both. I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Duster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has the new style on it that they put as a TSB upgrade kit for the older models. Big thread in PCV and plastic and rubber hose setup. I didn't see this anywhere I looked at the parts stores.

What is the concensus on the issue of me blocking the hole with my finger and my engine choking down to die? Does most of the idle air source through the PCV? Possibly stuck almost closed?

There is good suction on the inlet hose with the filter from the airbox to engine. And the PCV hose to throttle body was hot like gasses were passing through. Seemed more to be starving for air to the throttle body than say pressure in the crankcase. For example pulling the dipstick it started sucking air through not pushing air out.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score

Duster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to update in case anyone else runs into this as our rides age.

I did hit everywhere and none of the parts stores even had the big screw in PCV. Apparently because they don't go bad much. I did find a Napa that had one though. But it did no good because they don't have anything on the plumbing for it.

If you have the big pcv like shown in the upgrade thread, you quickly find out that the nipple on it is larger than the nipple on the intake and also larger than the pipe part too. So the pipe ordeal is an assembly of a pipe and two rubber elbow boots and the one on the PCV side has the two different ID's. One larger to fit the PCV.

In my case it turned out both these rubber boots were just gone. One had the hole in it that was making the noise. The other was about to crumble on the PCV. I lucked out and found a dealer that had the parts. You will find out probably the head scratching way like I did that the pipe part has been superceeded by another part when you go to put it on. Mine ran under the throttle body area and around to connect. The new one is shaped different. shorter, and runs over the big intake pipe toward the back. It took me a bit to figure out because the boots weren't aligned in any way to give me any clue. There's some felt like material stuck to the pipe and I figured out that is in case it were to tap the large intake pipe you wouldn't hear two pieces of plastic clattering together.

The boots are removable from the pipe if you want to just transfer them to the old pipe. I decided to try the new one once I figured out how it went. I don't know if they changed it for good reason, or if they just changed it later in a parts consolidation type thing where one fits many?

Anyways, my main worry and confusion I wanted to cover too. I was paranoid that me plugging that leak hole killed my engine. I basically had a lot of question to that issue because it acted like it starved down. Like if you stuck your hand over a carb. But turned out my PCV wasn't even bad. I cranked it up and it did stumble once very hard right at the beginning like the first second and then that was it. Never another issue. I don't know why. All I can come up with was it was hot and no longer in open loop by the time I found the leak and put my finger over it? Or maybe there was a piece of loose rubber jamming the PCV before I took it out and shook it? I don't know. But that is that.

You might want to inspect yours at oil changes or something because I wouldn't have noticed the leak if I hadn't forgot to give spongebob a bath... the little foam filter in the side of the airbox that filters the incoming air into the crankcase. I don't know how long it sucked unfiltered air in to the crankcase.

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to update in case anyone else runs into this as our rides age.

I did hit everywhere and none of the parts stores even had the big screw in PCV. Apparently because they don't go bad much. I did find a Napa that had one though. But it did no good because they don't have anything on the plumbing for it.

If you have the big pcv like shown in the upgrade thread, you quickly find out that the nipple on it is larger than the nipple on the intake and also larger than the pipe part too. So the pipe ordeal is an assembly of a pipe and two rubber elbow boots and the one on the PCV side has the two different ID's. One larger to fit the PCV.

In my case it turned out both these rubber boots were just gone. One had the hole in it that was making the noise. The other was about to crumble on the PCV. I lucked out and found a dealer that had the parts. You will find out probably the head scratching way like I did that the pipe part has been superceeded by another part when you go to put it on. Mine ran under the throttle body area and around to connect. The new one is shaped different. shorter, and runs over the big intake pipe toward the back. It took me a bit to figure out because the boots weren't aligned in any way to give me any clue. There's some felt like material stuck to the pipe and I figured out that is in case it were to tap the large intake pipe you wouldn't hear two pieces of plastic clattering together.

The boots are removable from the pipe if you want to just transfer them to the old pipe. I decided to try the new one once I figured out how it went. I don't know if they changed it for good reason, or if they just changed it later in a parts consolidation type thing where one fits many?

Anyways, my main worry and confusion I wanted to cover too. I was paranoid that me plugging that leak hole killed my engine. I basically had a lot of question to that issue because it acted like it starved down. Like if you stuck your hand over a carb. But turned out my PCV wasn't even bad. I cranked it up and it did stumble once very hard right at the beginning like the first second and then that was it. Never another issue. I don't know why. All I can come up with was it was hot and no longer in open loop by the time I found the leak and put my finger over it? Or maybe there was a piece of loose rubber jamming the PCV before I took it out and shook it? I don't know. But that is that.

You might want to inspect yours at oil changes or something because I wouldn't have noticed the leak if I hadn't forgot to give spongebob a bath... the little foam filter in the side of the airbox that filters the incoming air into the crankcase. I don't know how long it sucked unfiltered air in to the crankcase.
Duster -

can you put up that new part number if you still have it?
Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.