Cleaning PCV Hose Buildup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2002_KJ

Reaction score
I replaced my PCV valve yesterday and I was surprised at how much gunky oil residue was in the PCV hose...like sludge really. I cleaned out the first "elbow" part of the hose that can be removed, which connects to the valve itself, and noticed that the rest of the hose, which has a smaller diameter, is probably just as clogged.

How can I go about cleaning the rest of the hose? What I mean is, is it ok to completely remove the entire hose and use some degreaser on it? What exactly does the hose connect to on the other side, the intake manifold? Is there some other component there that can be/should be cleaned as well? I tried looking all this up on the service manual but it's a little confusing. Thanks for any help.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Why not just buy new hose ?
Never seen one really have a lot of gunk in them

2002_KJ

Reaction score
Why not just buy new hose ?
Never seen one really have a lot of gunk in them
If finding a new hose here in Italy were simple then yes I'd just buy a new one. The alternative was to try and clean it myself and reuse it. I was really more curious about what the hose attaches to on the manifold end...it's not very clear in the service manual.

Latest posts

Members online