2006 tpms sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

09jsw

Reaction score
Hello ,I
've searched all the forums but haven't found an answer. I have a 2006 renegade that is getting new tires this coming week. I have one broken sensor stem so I was looking to have them all replaced due to age and wear. I'd like to have a rubber stem if possible. Do the 56029479aa sensors I found on eBay in fact work for the 2006? I plan to add the evic at some point as well.
Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_4044.jpg
    IMG_4044.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 8

GeneralPatton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello ,I
've searched all the forums but haven't found an answer. I have a 2006 renegade that is getting new tires this coming week. I have one broken sensor stem so I was looking to have them all replaced due to age and wear. I'd like to have a rubber stem if possible. Do the 56029479aa sensors I found on eBay in fact work for the 2006? I plan to add the evic at some point as well.
Thanks for any help.

Not sure if they work or not, but whats the cost of 4 sensors from ebay vs dealer?

Conundrum2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a set of 56029526aa 4 sensor kit from eBay for our 06 commander , they worked great.

But as I remember they were used, cleaned tested with batteries checked. I don't think the batteries are a serviceable part. I think the warranty was only a month but I've had no problem in a year plus a few months.

You can also get new ones from dorman, I forget how much they cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

09jsw

Reaction score
Not sure if they work or not, but whats the cost of 4 sensors from ebay vs dealer?

eBay has a oem equivalent for 35$ for 4.
Oem is 80$ each. This is my beater/daily driver so I didn't want to drop a ton into it on sensors.

09jsw

Reaction score
I got a set of 56029526aa 4 sensor kit from eBay for our 06 commanded, they worked great.

But as I remember they were used, cleaned tested with batteries checked. I don't think the batteries are a serviceable part. I think the warranty was only a month but I've had no problem in a year plus a few months.

You can also get new ones from dorman, I forget how much they cost

Interesting thanks. I wonder if the commander is the same as liberty? The ones I found seem to be non oem but equivalent aftermarket. The dorman seem to need a separate proprietary tool to sync them.

GeneralPatton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
eBay has a oem equivalent for 35$ for 4.
Oem is 80$ each. This is my beater/daily driver so I didn't want to drop a ton into it on sensors.

Yeah thats a big price difference.

I saw around 40$ for some OEM on a few dealer pages, but at 40$ for 4 id go with that if there was any chance they worked well.

09jsw

Reaction score
Yeah thats a big price difference.

I saw around 40$ for some OEM on a few dealer pages, but at 40$ for 4 id go with that if there was any chance they worked well.
Yea that's pretty much where I'm at now. I just didn't want to pay two times to install them if they were wrong.

Conundrum2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting thanks. I wonder if the commander is the same as liberty? The ones I found seem to be non oem but equivalent aftermarket. The dorman seem to need a separate proprietary tool to sync them.

If it's the same part # it should work.
The ones I got were refurbished oem. With new valve stems and seals.

Kal-El

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would NEVER buy a used/refurbed TPMS sensor. I would spend the money on new and be safe that I'm going to get the full 8 to 10 years out of the batteries. Costs too much to be removing/reinstalling the tires any more than necessary.

kage860

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are working most of the time, but either way I bought 4 new dorman ones to have the tire guy put on when I get new tires this fall. Once the tires are on Im not taking them off.

Conundrum2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess it depends what your budget can stand.

The dorman 974- 001 if they are correct for this year jeep are not too expensive, I think a little cheaper than last year, looks like about $100 for a set. But I don't know if the hold up like oem.

I Don't regret getting the eBay ones, they work fine and I don't expect them to outlast new mopar. Beside the ones in the original rims still worked fine after 3 owners and 9 years .

09jsw

Reaction score
Mine are working most of the time, but either way I bought 4 new dorman ones to have the tire guy put on when I get new tires this fall. Once the tires are on Im not taking them off.

What year kj do you have and what part number sensor did you go with?

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just buy the sensors off of rockauto, they are cheap and work well and do not require a special tool to train the sensors.

kage860

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the part number was DORMAN 974001 for $25 each on rockauto. I heard the batteries only have a certain lifespan. Hopefully the tire shop doesn't give me a hard time about using my parts.

09jsw

Reaction score
I think the part number was DORMAN 974001 for $25 each on rockauto. I heard the batteries only have a certain lifespan. Hopefully the tire shop doesn't give me a hard time about using my parts.
I actually just ordered these from eBay. I called dorman and confirmed that they do auto sync up like oem. Paid 92$ shipped.

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hI guy! 56029479aa does not fits 2006 Liberty. It only fits Libby KK (after 2008) among other vehicles.

You must look for 56053030AA, AB AC etc

If your Libby is an export version, the above 56053030AA won't fit.