2006 Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NineFingerFury

Reaction score
My name is Shawn, I live near Seattle, WA. Former USMC 0331 (machine gunner). Currently a pastor on staff at a church in Renton, WA. Married for almost 3 years, first kid on the way (find out gender this Thursday!).

Just picked up my first Jeep yesterday. Traded in my 87 Accord hatch toward the purchase price (need room for a baby car seat).

1 owner, all maintenance done at dealer, just under 64,000 miles.

I'm in love already.

Other than the window problem, anything else I should be looking out for? And I heard there is an aftermarket solution to the window regulator problem. Anyone have info on that for me?

Here's the pic when we bought it at the dealer.

You must be registered for see images attach

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

Most guys use the Steiger Performance metal part; Steiger Performance
Click on the text above - it's a link - then click Products, Jeep, Liberty.

Congrats on the baby!

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great to have ya!

You'll love the Liberty, but just a warning: It can become an obsession that borders on illness. :boxed:

But the Liberty is a safe, tough truck that will get you where you and your new family need to go. Just don't expect Honda Accord-like fuel mileage - it's a thirsty little piggy. ;)

Bob

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats on the new baby coming and the new KJ.

Dave

NineFingerFury

Reaction score
Welcome NineFingerFury, Chrysler did a recall on the window problem. I took mine to the dealer and they fixed all of them. I have not had a problem with them since then. Welcome again and Semper FI.

I'll be taking mine in as soon as I get back from vacation to make sure all the recalls are done. Er. Kill!

NineFingerFury

Reaction score
Great to have ya!

You'll love the Liberty, but just a warning: It can become an obsession that borders on illness. :boxed:

But the Liberty is a safe, tough truck that will get you where you and your new family need to go. Just don't expect Honda Accord-like fuel mileage - it's a thirsty little piggy. ;)

Bob

Ha, I've been bitten by the Jeep bug for sure. Before my Accord, I drive an '87 Chevy 4x4 short bed truck with a 350 on 33's and a 4" lift (10-12mpg). Loved it!

MPGs aren't too important to me because we've got my wife's '09 Corolla for long trips. I am looking into a Hypertech programmer though. Looks like they work and it would pay for itself in a year or two.