2005 Liberty Sport Keys?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

db55

Reaction score
i know that a special key is used for this vehicle but does anyone know if a standard key can be cut just to use for opening the driver's door in case the keys are accidentially locked in the vehicle? (Aeh)

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes that should work, just do not try and start the KJ with it

the sentry Key has a chip in it that has to be close to the ignition swich for the kj to run

waldn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
db55 said:
i know that a special key is used for this vehicle but does anyone know if a standard key can be cut just to use for opening the driver's door in case the keys are accidentially locked in the vehicle? (Aeh)

Welcome (welcome)
I did just that the day after I bought mine. Cost $2 at Keyman kiosk in the mall. Carry it in my pocket just in case. Works fine on the door.

04RkMtnKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to place my original sentry key up underneath the dash permanently so my remote start would work. I look at it this way though, I can now use any key from anywhere to start it so if I do loose the key it wont cost a fortune to replace.

db55

Reaction score
thanks to all of you for your replies! i am glad to know that this can be done without having to go to the dealer and be "cash-sucked".

stackthepads30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get keys pretty cheap on ebay...and there's a way to "train" your keys pretty easily.......easier if you have an evic console

db55

Reaction score
stackthepads30 said:
You can get keys pretty cheap on ebay...and there's a way to "train" your keys pretty easily.......easier if you have an evic console

unfortunately my libby didn't come equipped with an EVIC but i would love to get my hands on one at a reasonable price.

Guyute1210

Reaction score
db55 said:
stackthepads30 said:

unfortunately my libby didn't come equipped with an EVIC but i would love to get my hands on one at a reasonable price.
The manual tells you how to 'train' your new keys w/o an EVIC.