2005 KJ dash speaker replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

peterstone101

Reaction score
just installed and RB1 with and iPod adapter - blew the right side stock speaker in two days, went crutch field and ordered two pairs of Alpine sps- 600 speakers and i installed them today - gotta say I'm not impressed with the sound at all, no low end at all and the amount of high end that comes out of these speakers is deafening, and not in a good way....im thinking the dash tweeters might be adding to "shrill-ness" of the sound...i read that a 3 1/2 speaker will fit in the dash position on a 2002 - 2006 KJ,,,,anyone know if there is any truth to that...i don't think i want to replace it with another tweeter being I'm trying to tame the high end and not add to it - any idea would be great

ck2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a small 8" sub in the back running like 125watts rms should give you tons of low end and equal out the sound.It would also take up very little space

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On mine (2005 with RBQ) the factory speakers come with a factory built-in amps, so if you don't add a higher power receiver or a 4 channel amp, you don't get very good sound. Is that possibly your poblem?

I busted a speaker today, so I'm currently looking at replacements. I'm looking at the Alpine SPS-610C speakers. Trying to figure out this amp issue to see if I can take them off of the factory speakers and mount them to the door with good aftermarket speakers. I don't want to have to add a receiver nor an amp.

I just want good replacement speakers.

Last edited: