2005 Jeep Liberty Sport 3.7L 4WD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hopzta47

Reaction score
Hello my name Terry and I am new to the site. I've ran into small issues with this Vehicle where the Forums have been so helpful. But, my 05 had an AC pulley seize up due to bearings. I do the AC Pulley bypass with belt size of 97.2 that seem too work but now I see that the belt is loose (Minimally), had to really look at it running...small issue of smoke coming from belt as it turns. Could it be from lubricating all of the pulley bolts due the AC pulley being so rusted..??

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Is the tensioner actually holding tension on the belt, they wear out as well and become loose at times, plus any oils etc on pulleys will cause issues

Hopzta47

Reaction score
Everything seems to be OK so far. YES ...Tensioner is OK and keeping the belt on pretty snug. Just took her for a drive and the smoke I was seeing was from the Lubricate I sprayed that eventually burned off. All is well so far.