2005 additional key

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drcoleman11

Reaction score
I've looked at other threads and all I can find mentions programing a new/additional FOB. We just bought an 05 sport that only came with one FOB (not even an original Jeep key). All I want is to copy the existing key to have an extra copy (old school key only, no FOB) that unlocks the doors in-case our teenagers lock the FOB inside. Don't need it for starting/driving. Anyone know if I can just get Walmart to copy the actual key part and not worry about the programming? Thanks.

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
05 is a maybe.

if the key you have is a black head, should be able to cut a key and make it work.

if the key is grey, you need it programmed (dealer,locksmith) or cloned (hardware store)

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, to answer your question. As long as the store has a blank in stock, they should be able to cut one so you can unlock the door. Just realize the alarm will probably go off when you open it.