2004 to 2006

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdh1125

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2004 has been totaled. I'm looking at a 2006. What am I going to have to repurchase? Slush mats? tow hooks? hitch and wiring harness? Will any of this fit if I pull it off before it is picked up?

Is there anything else I'm missing that I need to know before buying a 2006?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
All of those will fit without an issue. :)

Sorry to hear about the lost 04...

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what would it cost you to keep the '04?
I know a few guys who have "salvage titles" on their Jeeps
most were bought from people who had their Jeep "totaled"
most cases it is about $1500

cdh1125

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We haven't talked money yet, was told today it was totaled. It was "repaired" by a body shop after an accident. Then I got a water leak on the drivers side and took it to a better body shop who found the first one didn't find alot of the hidden damage.

It would have to be real cheap for me to keep it. I hate to see it go but where the leak was there is going to be alot of electrical problems down the road

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2004 has been totaled. I'm looking at a 2006. What am I going to have to repurchase? Slush mats? tow hooks? hitch and wiring harness? Will any of this fit if I pull it off before it is picked up?

Is there anything else I'm missing that I need to know before buying a 2006?

All will fit.

Sorry about the accident. Glad you are ok since you are posting.

Dave

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We haven't talked money yet, was told today it was totaled. It was "repaired" by a body shop after an accident. Then I got a water leak on the drivers side and took it to a better body shop who found the first one didn't find alot of the hidden damage.

It would have to be real cheap for me to keep it. I hate to see it go but where the leak was there is going to be alot of electrical problems down the road

I was curious why you said it was "totaled" in that other post of your's. And I'm surprised that your insurance company is willing to write it off this long after the bodywork was done.

cdh1125

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended up with a 2007 Limited. Probably going to have a million questions as this thing has a ton more options than my 2004 Sport.

The only reason the insurance is doing anything this long after the fact, is because I used a bodyshop on their list of preferred shops. Using one of those shops gave me a guarantee for as long as I own it.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended up with a 2007 Limited. Probably going to have a million questions as this thing has a ton more options than my 2004 Sport...

All the items you listed in your original post will work on your '07. Great that your insurance company backed you up on the body work on your '04. Can you imagine the crap that body shop is getting from the insurance company right now? Probably having to reimburse the insurance company for what they got paid to fix your Jeep originally.

Hmmm: Do ya think that body shop is still on the list of "preferred shops?"

NOT!!! :pp: :freak3: :killer: :shooter:

:popcorn:

Bob

Latest posts

Members online