2004 Liberty E Brake pivot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dee004

Reaction score
In the picture below which I copied from WickedBruce's sticky on full e brake replacement is the arm which goes through the backing plate to the brake cable (pictured above the spring in the picture) a two piece pivot type of mechanism? Both of mine are frozen solid but look like they should pivot and I have quite a bit of space between the little stop pin and the arm. It is stopping me from being able to instal my rotors. I want to make sure before I screw them up. I've doused them in PB blaster but no luck yet as it's been about a half hour. Not a spot where I can apply heat due to the weather boot. Thanks Don.

You must be registered for see images attach

dee004

Reaction score
Got it done. Yes it's a pivot affair. Worked them with vise grips to break them free worked back and forth till I could split them and clean them up with a wire brush in an air grinder. Unfortunately the PB blaster ate my weather boots so it's all gotta come back apart to replace them when I get out to the dealer to get some. Sorry no pics the boss is away on a shopping trip and has my camera. :party52:
Cheers

Last edited: