2011 KK E-Brake adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John P.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon, I just put new E-Brake shoes and hardware on my Liberty. (PITA by the way) I set them to just a small amount of resistance against the drum and assembled everything. Now, I pull the handle for it and the cable that actuates the E-Brake at the wheel doesn't move, it draws tight, but not enough to apply the brake. I didn't see a cable adjustment under the Jeep. Anyone know where it is? Thanks in advance!

John P.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm posting a Followup. I pulled apart the console to access the E-Brake Handle. It doesn't look good. You know that feeling when you pull something apart and realize somebody else has been there. E brake handle has been replaced. The assembly works correctly. I am 98% confident that I am going to need to run new cables. When the hand brake is pulled up it is pulling the whole cable housing and flexing the metal cable mount, the cables seem to be seized up inside the cable housing :( Super disappointed, I was really looking forward to having an operational parking brake again.

Latest posts

Members online