2004 Fog Bulb # - Reading Dim and Yellow!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Can anyone with a 2004 manual confirm the correct fog lamp bulb number.
I only have 2006 manual it states #9145 is this correct for 2004?
Is there any whiter brighter replacements, heard F-150 bulb with tab mods fits. Could then try PIAA white for F-150 for fogs.

Also interior bulbs are sorry yellowish/dim too, bulb I have listed for overhead reading are #192 and needs some whiter brights in there..recommendations?
Thanks for any recommendations/Help..LED 192s?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
9145 or H35T for the fogs

no its not a Ford its a 9005 GM high beam bulb that will work with one tab needing part of it cut off, you can find these in up to 100 watt

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score

Thanks tommudd for that.
I did some serious searching and found that Sylvania silverstars ($22 ea)may be available in 9145ST (finally) considering about 50 vehicles use this lamp as fogs, why does it take so long to get them produced?
Here in Canada they will be hard to find but will hopefully know later today.
I was hoping to have a direct replacement without having to modify the tabs and keep close to the stock 50watt rating. I found that PIAA makes the 9005 in a 60 watt, but would be around $100 here.
Will post back what I find re the 9145ST.
Has anyone improved the overhead reading bulbs #192 ??

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
bulbs

Thanks TigerClaws for that useful link!(attn)
It does list the 9145ST for fogs. Too bad online store does not find it though.
Shows Canadian Tire under store locater and 2 others in my area, so hopefully I can find them.(Aeh)

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
9005 then !!

Thanks Corwyyn for that link. Now I see exactly what needs carving, one tab and easy.
and Kj924 I am sure I will like that mod too.

Did the stock fuse hold or blow with 15 more watts per side?

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Corwyyn for that link. Now I see exactly what needs carving, one tab and easy.
and Kj924 I am sure I will like that mod too.

Did the stock fuse hold or blow with 15 more watts per side?

Fuse holds up ok...it's just 15 extra watts. For some reason I had it in my head that I got the info from a Ford site and the bulbs were from the F150....:confused:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
9005 Sylvania Silverstars

Ok so got the lowest price on the 9005 stars and it $25.43 each here in Vancouver. (lower than Can Tire)
I also just checked the manual and it states that the fogs have adjusting screws. I guess I access the bulbs from a trap door in fender wheel area, where are the adjusting screws then?

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Ok so got the lowest price on the 9005 stars and it $25.43 each here in Vancouver. (lower than Can Tire)
I also just checked the manual and it states that the fogs have adjusting screws. I guess I access the bulbs from a trap door in fender wheel area, where are the adjusting screws then?

Adjusters should be right there when you open the trap door...I never really looked for mine, they work just fine with the lift, gives a nice fill in light when pulling into unlit parking lots as well.

Just follw the link and it should be a snap.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Just inspected

I just inspected driver's side and inside bulb was a 42 watt H10-9145.
Not much room to work in there, but with a flashlight after install, am going to have to adjust, as my current set up are pointing low on roadway, 3 feet in front of KJ. Will see on wall at 20 feet where they really are after 9005 are in.
From the specs found online the new 9005 will be 65 watts or 23 watts per side brighter....ya that should light up the road way brighter...looking forward to snow now....!!!

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Installed 9005ST

Got the Sylvania SilverStar 9005ST home. The mod was done to one tab per bulb. Instead of filing the plastic tab in half, I heated an exacto knife with a propane torch and cut though the plastic like butter. One cut downwards and one sideways, half the tab was gone in seconds.
Look forward tonight to see what it looks like! I could tell in daylight, it was whiter and brighter, and should match the Piaa's headlights well.
Thanks for everyone's help..great mod!!

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The adjusting screw is on the front,look at the fog lamp direct on(from the front) and it will be tucked up around one of the sides.Takes a T20(IIRC) to adjust them.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive had the 9005 bulbs in my fogs for a few years now and they amaze me everytime I turn them on. Mine are the 65 watts and I got them at advance for pretty cheap. Nothing special.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The adjusting screw is on the front,look at the fog lamp direct on(from the front) and it will be tucked up around one of the sides.Takes a T20(IIRC) to adjust them.
Thank You tjkj !!
T20-10-4. If it is in between the light bezel and shroud I am probably going to need a thin shaft T-20 to get in there.
Is there 2 screws to adjust both horizontal and vertical?

Last edited: