2003 Renegade Exhaust Question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy All, I have a question that I could not find by searching previous posts, I am looking to replace my exhaust system right from the Y Pipe on my Liberty, I already know what muffler I am going with (Thrush Welded), I built my exhaust for my Sierra HD & 94 Grand Cherokee which I was able to go Catless, (In Canada, No Emissions testing and not enforced), Now I already have gathered from the previous threads that the 2 Cats on each side upstream need to and should stay which I do not have any issue with but I am wondering if the 3rd Cat downstream with no sensor can be removed, It has a rattle inside and I have no desire to put on another if I do not have to, Does anyone know if this 3rd Cat can be removed without giving my Renegade Issues, I also should mention it is a 2003 Renegade with the 3.7L.

Thank you kindly.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The third cat was only on 02-03s models, doesn't matter if Sport, Renegade whatever.
My buddy has a 03 which he removed the 3rd cat 5-6 years ago with no ill effects. You will get varying answers on this of course.
The front two need to stay , yes thats true.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The third cat was only on 02-03s models, doesn't matter if Sport, Renegade whatever.
My buddy has a 03 which he removed the 3rd cat 5-6 years ago with no ill effects. You will get varying answers on this of course.
The front two need to stay , yes thats true.

Thank you for clearing this up for me!

jrogers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 06 kj has 2 front cats, what appears to be another cat downstream and then the muffler. I've been considering deleting the third one as well but wasn't sure if it would cause any issues

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 06 kj has 2 front cats, what appears to be another cat downstream and then the muffler. I've been considering deleting the third one as well but wasn't sure if it would cause any issues

My '04 only has two. Why would yours have a different design? CRD? 4 ******?