2003 KJ Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The KJ is still my all time favorite vehicle. I miss being able to access the rear seat already. No adult fits in the back of a JK easily. I do believe the rear seat is going to be removed. I'm also not planning on a "build" with the JK, going to try to keep it simple and practical. There is to much competition and money in the wrangler shows with some spending 6 figures on them.

This statement confuses me. What do you mean "Wrangler shows"? and why would that be a consideration? To use the vehicle as it is intended does not take much moolah, if any at all, stock is quite , QUITE capable. And anyone spending more than what the vehicle is worth,or even half of what the truck is worth on "accessories" is FAWKED!

Yeah I wouldn't build it up like that, just a lift and bigger tires/different wheels and then some small mods here and there
People get too crazy with building their JKs for really no reason IMO

....................................................↑↑↑
.......................................................This

Anyway, sorry to see you sell your KJ, it is a looker. Good luck with the sale.

Bert

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This statement confuses me. What do you mean "Wrangler shows"? and why would that be a consideration? To use the vehicle as it is intended does not take much moolah, if any at all, stock is quite , QUITE capable. And anyone spending more than what the vehicle is worth,or even half of what the truck is worth on "accessories" is FAWKED!

....................................................↑↑↑
.......................................................This

Anyway, sorry to see you sell your KJ, it is a looker. Good luck with the sale.

Bert

Why would that be a consideration? Because I enjoyed going to the shows with the KJ, I had a lot of fun and met a lot of nice people. That would be my reason if I did, but what I stated is it's not practical. And If you read back you'll see that I said I was keeping it simple and practical.

Gen0cide

Reaction score
oh my.... . . if I lived in PA.... and had 6k... and didn't drive 100 miles a day to work... Give me a couple months to switch everything around in my life and I'll come see you!! :gr_grin:

RATX5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Willing to trade my soul, a homemade 88cc motorcycle and an 89' mustang! In all seriousness, I wish I could afford this right now. Always admired the shit out of all the hard work put into your rig, John. It's definitely a good looking liberty and I definitely will envy whoever ends up with that. That being said, no man should be forced to only have one toy! Park it in the yard if you have to! :p

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far your offers stand at
A house with a 1 car garage or someone's soul, a motorcycle, and mustang... you've got some hard decisions ahead of you lol :D
If I thought I'd end up with enough for this rig by selling off my project cars I'd do so in a heartbeat.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill bump you again since i did shortly after yours, sorry

...bump

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With soo little pictures and me being located in NY, it's hard to justify making an offer or the trip. I'd say with the currently mileage and possibility of rocker and lower door rust , I could make an offer around 4k... including me taking a possible 10hr round trip to pick it up etc
I'm a deciding between another jeep or motorcycle

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With soo little pictures and me being located in NY, it's hard to justify making an offer or the trip. I'd say with the currently mileage and possibility of rocker and lower door rust , I could make an offer around 4k... including me taking a possible 10hr round trip to pick it up etc
I'm a deciding between another jeep or motorcycle

Well try sending me a pm lol. If there are any specific pics you'd like I'd be glad to take them. No rust except for faint traces along inside door seams and one repaired spot on rocker at the drivers side rear wheel well. It has won best in its class at the PA Jeeps show the last 3 years and you don't do that with rust. I have already turned down a solid local offer of 5k so no on the 4K. And that is a drive but as other members on here can testify to that I've driven a lot further than that for most of the parts on it, that's just the cost of doing business.

Last edited:

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
**** As requested,
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome KJ, John. (free bump.....LOL)

Dave

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude someone needs to grab this guy's KJ before all the goodies have been sold off it. It looks much better in person. A buddy of mine that has always been a Wrangler fan and made fun of mine at work changed his tune when he saw this KJ yesterday. His words "Dayum that KJ looks badass."