2003 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after much consideration and thought I finally decided on what to do with some of the liberties I have. Background: About two years ago I bought my first Jeep Liberty a 2003 limited. I have since completely rebuilt the motor and trans and got a very low mileage transfer case. I always wanted to modify it like some of the others on here but could never seem to pull the trigger on a lift. Then I saw a liberty up for sale that most of you would probably recognize. It had everything I wanted to do to mine and more. So I decided to buy it. Now what to do with it as this is my fourth liberty. Originally I was going to leave this one alone just to have fun on the weekends. Well life gets in the way and I had to change that plan. I decided that the jeep with the rebuilt motor and trans would be the best candidate to transfer the parts to. The project started with stripping then jeep I just bought of all the parts I would need. I completely rebuilt the axles front and rear keeping the 4.10 gears and locker in the front. New bearings throughout and sandblasted the housings and gave them a fresh coat of paint to match. Took the lower control arms off and rebuilt with mopar bushings and painted them. JBA coilovers came off next and we're thoroughly cleaned and waxed. Next came the JBA rear 4 inch springs which I sent off to be powder coated red due to rust. Front and rear rocklizard bumpers were completely torn down and stripped to bare metal then repaired and repainted. Now for the new parts JBA adjustable 4 link in the rear, moog tie rods, lower ball joints and sway bar links and bushings. Also new JBA UCAs with rebuildable ball joints. Lastly rocklizard roof rack was transferred over. Once all this was off I the tear down of my daily driver. Took it down to just the unibody and left it on four jack stands. Sandblasted the underside and repainted with new fuel pump as well while the tank was out. Then started installing the suspension and accessories I had just refurbished. Transferred everything over including the 4x guard rock rails and skid plates. Set of Moab wheels with duratrac tires as well. Took me a little over a month to do it all and had to sell one of the other liberties to find it but it was well worth it. I now have a practically new 2003 Jeep Liberty that drives and handles better than it ever has. It was a sad decision tearing apart the other jeep and someone else's work but it will live on as part of mine now and I hope they understand and see that. The other jeep will be put back on stick suspension and on the road again soon as well. Sorry for the long post but this ends my story for now. Enjoy.

Daniel

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oops I see I posted this in the wrong section. How do I go about moving it the the members journal section of the forum?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I moved it!

Quite the build. I recognize the silver KJ. Are you gonna put stock parts on it or anything?

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for moving it.

Yes it will be getting stock parts back on it and be back on the road soon. I knew someone would recognize it.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome build Daniel.

Dave

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
My fingers have touched everyone of those parts LOL
Each piece has a story on how I got them originally
or assume it was Johns ??

Last edited:

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes the silver one was johns. I do have a question for you regarding the front bumper if you don't mind lending your thoughts and ideas.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn Looks great. I had every intention on doing what you did and wow - this gives me motivation !

What did you undercoat it with ?

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aceofspades Damn Looks great. I had every intention on doing what you did and wow - this gives me motivation !

What did you undercoat it with ?

Thanks. I used KBS coatings which is similar to por15. If you spray it on like I did though make sure to clean the paint gun right after as this stuff hardens like a rock. I've used there stuff before and it seems to hold up well to rust.

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to wiring up the light bar. Found a universal junction box on amazon that allows for 10 fuses and 4 relays. Gives me plenty of options for more lights in the future and a very clean look.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to wiring up the light bar. Found a universal junction box on amazon that allows for 10 fuses and 4 relays. Gives me plenty of options for more lights in the future and a very clean look.

How is the quality on the box? I'm looking to consolidate my wiring setup and was looking at Blue Sea systems.

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s not bad the lid stays on securely to help with dirt and water although it’s not waterproof. The only two complaints I really have are that they didn’t give me any extra pins for the block so if I lose any or mess up I’ll have to find more. Also the pins in the relay portion were a little loose but still secure enough to push the relay on without issues. The fuse portion was great. It really gave it a neat appearance and it looks like it should be there instead of a tangle of wires.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.